Olympus C5050/PT-015 with Inon wide angle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Will

New
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to introduce a red filter between these two items. Does the process require a method to make the front lens ring of the PT-015 watertight to the Inon lens or the filter?. As you know there are four holes in the front of the PT-015 red lens ring. To state the question another way, must these holes be sealed? ie is the water allowed to enter between the PT-015 and any attachments I may add? Ken

Actually, it's a requirement that water be between the port and the add-on lens. The optics are designed with that in mind, and will not work right with air there.

-Mark

Have you tried using the manual white balance settings of your camera? I have had excellent results setting the white balance using the top of a margarine container which I have attached to a string.

Cost $0.00

No need for a filter.

Also look at the white balance +/- control, you'll see you can manually add in a psuedo-red filter. Best is to take a white slate and set the white balance at depth. if you are diving a particular area frequently you can set up a set of custom ones for various depths, change to that setting as you decend, so you're ready for a pop-up shot. Then use the full manual-white-balance settings for when you have time to set up the shot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom