Dive Shop For Sale? Please Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cousteau joe

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

First of all, let me say 'Hi' as I just joined the Scuba Board. Normally a man of a few words, I thought I'd tap into you scuba junkies' brains and see if you know of anyone that is selling a dive shop. Anywhere in the world, as long as the water is warm, the diving is good and it is possible for an Irishman to get a work visa to operate the dive shop.

Any help is dearly appreciated- I am a cash buyer and I hope to find the right place sooner rather than later.

Thank you for your help!

Joe

Where you location?
Welcome to :sblogo:...Joe
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

hey jason, love the chicken :)

i am currently located in the US, but the location of the dive shop doesn't matter- anywhere on the globe will do!

Joe,

You already shot yourself in the foot! (from 1 Irishman to another)

A little more about yourself might be helpful.

Preference on location: Pacific, Gulf(s), Atlantic, Indian Ocean, etc.
Your highest diver rating and with what agency?
Are you manufacturer certified to work on gear or will you be hiring someone?
Are you properly trained in proper and scheduled maint. of a breathable air compressor system or will you be hiring someone?

The above issues most likely be asked by an insurance company at some point, so it's better that you know ahead of a purchase of the kinds of things you'll need to answer/know.

Sometimes you can locate US corporate dive shops that have satellite shops around the world that might be looking for management or may be looking to open a new facility at another location around the world. Ocean Enterprises (California), I know has 1 or more satellite facilities.

Try diveshopsforsale.com....

I think their has been a shop on ebay for sale for months. Should still be there.

Brent

There are several in the classifieds in Dive Training magazine.
Rick

diverdown247:
Joe,

You already shot yourself in the foot! (from 1 Irishman to another)

A little more about yourself might be helpful.

Preference on location: Pacific, Gulf(s), Atlantic, Indian Ocean, etc.
Your highest diver rating and with what agency?
Are you manufacturer certified to work on gear or will you be hiring someone?
Are you properly trained in proper and scheduled maint. of a breathable air compressor system or will you be hiring someone?

The above issues most likely be asked by an insurance company at some point, so it's better that you know ahead of a purchase of the kinds of things you'll need to answer/know.

Sometimes you can locate US corporate dive shops that have satellite shops around the world that might be looking for management or may be looking to open a new facility at another location around the world. Ocean Enterprises (California), I know has 1 or more satellite facilities.
Top of the mornin' to you. Yeah, maybe you're right. Little more information then: I am going in with a qualified PADI instructor, also qualified in both equipment maintenance and working with compressors, but we probably still will need some people. I am only a recreational diver, turning a dream into a reality; will do more of the business side (my background) and he will be the instructor. We are looking for somewhere where the water is warm and the diving is good, like the Carribean, Thailand, Roatan, Guadaloupe, Dominica, the Dutch Antilles - Aruba Bonaire Cucaco Fiji, Tonga, etc. Nothing too big; want to grow the business rahter than buy a big diving concern. Thanks for the advice!

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom