What is Lake Rawlings like?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JayJudge

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi,
Some of us are thinking of going October 14/15, and the website only shows the boat, the bus and the basketball hoop....Is there anything else in there? Other boats, etc?
Thanks,
Jeff

Welcome to the board. There is a bunch of stuff in Rawlings. There are several small boats in addition to the sail boat, cars and other stuff. There is a penetration simulator that tends to have a bunch of small fish hanging around it. It's more of a place to practice than to see cool stuff, at least the vis is usually pretty good.

Thanks for the info,
I think we are still going, though I am guessing that Willow Springs is better....at least for neat stuff...am I right?
Thanks
-Jeff

Thanks all, I appreciate the info. What with the flooding that just happened down by Rawlings, we are going up to Dutch Springs I think...
-Jeff

I was at Rawlings over the weekend. Even with all the rain The vis was 25 to 40 feet ( in areas less traveled). The run off all flows away from the lake and thus does not hurt the Vis. Water temp 68 surface and the first thermo about 45'. I have been to Willow in the past and would say you will not have near the vis there. Eat at The Home Place a few miles up the road in McKiney.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom