Broke in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deputy...

If you know how to do it....you can get to Bonaire and do a Stay, Dive and Drive with airfare....double occupancy though....

Unfortunately single occupancy will be out...

Liz

Can be done for $1200:D

Just did it.

Studio, two beds, unlimited Nitrox Diving, truck for the week, and six boat dives.

$XXX pp at Xxxx Xxxx + $xxx on continental.....wait...gotta add the departure fee of $20....so, $1220. You have to add the food costs ($$ how much u gonna eat and where) and the petrol cost ($25 pp) at the end of teh week.

Just save another $300 to $600 and charge the food:D for minimum payment pay off over the next 12 months.

I can private message you the details and where I stayed. There are competition here, and I dont think making rates easily available and when on here will be the most appropriate.

Also, I think you can do it cheaper than me, possibly. We stayed on the water, and you might be able to stay at rental farther inland for cheaper.

ohhh, get someone on Scubaboard to go with ya if you don't have a buddy.

don't go alone.

We stayed with Buddy Dive too. It was really nice. Staying on Bonaire is not cheap compared to other places I've stayed. Of course it is a dessert island so everything has to be shipped in.

AXL72:
ohhh, get someone on Scubaboard to go with ya if you don't have a buddy.

don't go alone.

Very true. My wife is a non diver. But the way Bonaire is set up you only have a few dives that on a boat. Then the rest are shore dives along the entire cost. Hence they give you a rental truck.

Fortunately I found a writer for a German scuba magizine who was far more experienced than I. We buddied up for a day and had a great time. These shore dives are not for sissies.

I'm going down in April to BuddyDive.I paid $1695 encludes airfair,place to stay,truck and UNLIMITED shore and boat dives:D This is my first trip down and i'm counting the days.

Regarding airfare:

Check faircompare.com... which is TOTALLY the coolest way scan for good airfares (I don;t know if it's always the cheapest, but it's pretty dang cheap!)

I'm seeing a RT from NYC to Bonaire for $259. :)

We are going next week for $1300 p/p, ocean front, truck and one diver. The trick on Bonaire is the airfare, tackle that first. We're going through Curacao, the other cheap option is going through Aruba. It's running about $550 p/p from Boston. Another trick is to travel mid week, cheaper and no crowed zoos at the airports.

Liz, see you next week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom