cat pee smell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sport Wash by Atsko. You can find it in the sporting goods section at Walmart. I've been using the stuff for 20 years on my hunting clothes & a friend recently tried it on his wet suits & raved about how good it did.

bcwolfen:
Might just consider burning him. lol

NEDM! :D

For al of you who dont know, NEDM is an acronym of Not Even Doom Music, to understand, there is a backstory.

A video was posted upon the internet in which two guys take a cat and force it into a hamster cage. They then proceeded to douse the cat with a flammable fluid, and then set the cat alight. This caused an uproar on the forum it was posted upon and was deleted, and authorities were noted. The guys who made the video went to jail.

Later, someone who had a copy of the video posted it on the fad site YTMND, with the music from the very first level of action game DOOM playing in the background. This was mostly met with horror and condemnation, although a few individuals voted 5 stars on the YTMND, in favour of the site. After seeing this, an incensed YTMND member voted 1 (the lowest score) on the sites of everyone who voted 5. On the comments, they said that Not Even Doom Music justifies burning cats. This became a fad very quickly, where people created YTMNDs with pictures of cats and references to cats and fire. Each NEDM YTMND typically has a picture of Happy Cat (A happy grey cat) and the song We Interrupt This Program by Coburn.

You really have to log off the internet Conor.:D

The offending odour was noticed on a second part of the suit and we soaked it in vinegar water and now, I'm happy to report the shop just stinks of noeprene like it's suppose to.
bcwolfen came in and offered to pay for the suit but it wasn't nessasary. Just proves he's a stand-up guy. Now if I could just get him to stop being a stand-up guy underwater.....:D

wedivebc:
The offending odour was noticed on a second part of the suit and we soaked it in vinegar water and now, I'm happy to report the shop just stinks of noeprene like it's suppose to.
bcwolfen came in and offered to pay for the suit but it wasn't nessasary. Just proves he's a stand-up guy. Now if I could just get him to stop being a stand-up guy underwater.....:D

Glad to hear that all turned out well. :D

This gives me hope- I've been gone to Hawaii for 2 weeks and am returning home today. The guy checking in on my cat told us the cat wasn't using the litter box and he didn't know where she was going... I may be returning to a toxic contamination zone!

I was about to recommend vinegar as well, but actually read all the other posts first. Glad to hear it worked out well for you. :wink:
Vinegar also works on mouse pee, as when the little buggers chew a hole through the airtight plastic storage box & build a nest inside one of your favorite drysuits.

trucker girl:
This gives me hope- I've been gone to Hawaii for 2 weeks and am returning home today. The guy checking in on my cat told us the cat wasn't using the litter box and he didn't know where she was going... I may be returning to a toxic contamination zone!

oh dear....When we went on our trip the cat had kicked out the screen in the bathroom and ran away...the place stayed clean :D

I hadn't heard about my cat for the past week (it never ocurred to me to ask, actually- too much fun!) and so as I drove home I wondered if I would find a dead cat... nope. She's fine- happy- fat and furry. And VERY happy to see me. No cat pee smell- therefore, no vinegar! Yay!

P.S. Never suggest that people burn their customers. You never know who might be reading the thread. And some may scuba-oriented types may make the mental leap from burning to dousing with water to drowning and we all know what happens when you get a crazed dive guide on the loose... I say this from 4000 miles away, so I think I'm safe now?

Tomato juice. It works for cat pee, poop (my relocated cat crapped on my buddies bcd), skunks, and fox poop. This is from personal experience, not heresay. The fox poop smell was on my shoe for two weeks. One application and it was gone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom