Does anyone know the best place to stay and dive in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We stayed at Capitan Don's this March - loved it! Don't expect the accomodations to be fancy, but they were perfect for diving. I would definately stay there again.

Stay away from Captain Dons. Accomodation is so-so. Dive Leaders are horrific. The staff need some serious re-orientation. They are nasty and disinterested. (Avoid Chris - one of the "divemasters". A total disaster.) I would try Buddy Dive right next door. Just stay away from Captain Dons. You'll regret it.

Make sure that you rent a 4wd and do shore diving. It's spectacular and a lot of fun.

Thank you all for your replies, I think I'll try the Buddy Dive, if any of you come visit Puerto Rico, please feel free to contact me
Thanks again!

If you're serious about diving Bonaire. I'm selling an extra copy of Susan Porters guide to diving Bonaire on Ebay.

If it's not too late, check out Deep Blue View. We're headed there for the second time soon. It's only a short drive down the hill to the water. Highly recommended.

tridacna:
Stay away from Captain Dons. Accomodation is so-so. Dive Leaders are horrific. The staff need some serious re-orientation. They are nasty and disinterested. (Avoid Chris - one of the "divemasters". A total disaster.) I would try Buddy Dive right next door. Just stay away from Captain Dons. You'll regret it.

Make sure that you rent a 4wd and do shore diving. It's spectacular and a lot of fun.

You know in the 80's that used to be a well run place and we always stayed there...I wonder if Jack is still running the dive op or if he has moved on.....my brother came back from there and said the same thing.....a real shame it was a great resort and the house reef was fantastic.....

I feel the opinions of Capt Dons are overstated. Some other people just got back last week and loved it. I've heard other people complain about lousy service at Buddys. My feeling is you can catch a bad day/week at anyone of the resorts and how it turns out will mostly depend on how you react.

Remember the only difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude.

Jack is still running the dive operation (actually I think he is the general manager). He is a class act and is hosting/certifing some disabled Iraqi vets in Oct.

Cecil,

I agree that you can catch a bad week anywhere. Four of us went to Captain Don's - and we loved it! I would definately stay there again. We met one couple that has been going there every year for 19 years - that's got to say something. We liked Chris too ... he was fun. But some people just didn't get him and took his personality the wrong way. Max, one of the other dive masters, was great! Again, no compaints here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom