ATX100 vs TX100 vx ATX200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buy the least expensive. I bought the ATX 200 and although not bad, i got suckered into marketing. All the Apeks regs are top of the line. Even the T20 is a solid reg. Go for the least expensive and you will not be disappointed. Heed my advice, I wish someone did for me... oh ya, they did and I didn't listen. Had to have ("the best") Dumb. I would go for ATX/TX 50 with a T20 as a backup.

Hi scoobie

See one of the other threads it was explained that the "C"in CTX
was a German/ Dutch designation for a model sold in those countries. An ATX I think but cant remember exactly .

Read your own personal PM as have replied on that on another matter

BrianC

Buy the least expensive. I bought the ATX 200 and although not bad, i got suckered into marketing. All the Apeks regs are top of the line. Even the T20 is a solid reg. Go for the least expensive and you will not be disappointed. Heed my advice, I wish someone did for me... oh ya, they did and I didn't listen. Had to have ("the best") Dumb. I would go for ATX/TX 50 with a T20 as a backup.

Makes sense - so as a newbie diver who isn't planning on getting into hardcore technical stuff, I'd be well served with an ATX50, with the ATX40 Octo? Am I going to notice a serious issue with performance over the ATX200? I'm in Canada, so I like the fact they're environmentally sealed, vs. the T20... Anyone?

Boogie711 once bubbled...
Makes sense - so as a newbie diver who isn't planning on getting into hardcore technical stuff, I'd be well served with an ATX50, with the ATX40 Octo?
Yes you would..

Am I going to notice a serious issue with performance over the ATX200?
No you will not...

I'm in Canada, so I like the fact they're environmentally sealed, vs. the T20... Anyone?
Yes, this is a good thing...

Boogie711 once bubbled...

Makes sense - so as a newbie diver who isn't planning on getting into hardcore technical stuff, I'd be well served with an ATX50, with the ATX40 Octo? Am I going to notice a serious issue with performance over the ATX200? I'm in Canada, so I like the fact they're environmentally sealed, vs. the T20... Anyone?

Boogie711,

You will notice NO performance difference in ATX50 vs. 200, etc. It will breath just as well as the others. IT WILL serve you right into and through any "technical" stuff (ie, deco requirements, deep stuff) as anything deep you will use trimix so that the air will be less dense and the need for "high performance on air" is pointless. It will breath like a dream. Robust proven design of the first and second stages. As for the second stage T20, it will serve you just fine as I live in Canada and have over 100 dives on my second stage; this weekends four was in 45F temp water. Been in lots of murk too and no issues. As I said, ATX50 first and second for your primary and a T20 for your backup will serve you fine today and tomorrow no matter what diving you aspire too. DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE.

As far as I know.... My TX100 works quire well with doubles. routing is good. Can't really comment on the ATX200, but I doub't you would suffer either way. That's as far as I know...

Ok, I just bought an ATX100, was gonna get the ATX50...but LDS was selling the 100 for just a bit more...and the 200 was way above my budget...since I dive warm waters only...even the ATX100 is a bit overkill.

Anyway, this is the first dry-sealed system I've ever used. I love it. But I was wondering how do I know when to have it serviced? What are the maintenance differences between a regular reg, and a dry-sealed one? Do I have to rinse it differently? Any extra care I have to take with my system?

I noticed a little dirt in the white filter (A-clamp) portion... do I have to have it serviced right away? Or is it just like any other reg, where you have it serviced only if it starts breathing worse than new?

Any hints or tips would be vey helpful thanks! :)

But as I found a package price which meant the ATX-200 was only about £60 mor thean the ATX-50 I bit the bullet & went for the 200. It's a fantastic piece of kit & recommend it. (not that I'v got a lot of experience to compare it with) But to clear a little of the confusion reguarding the finish this is my understanding.

They were originaly made in black but due to problems the black was discontinued & a silver satin finish became the norm. (this is what I own & use) Because of there aniverssary they are releasing a special edition "Black Pearl" which is a ATX-200 in a black scratch resistant finish.(& it's at least another extra £100.00 for the pleasure)

to jplacson

get it serviced once a year unless you notice something wrong or potentialy wrong. err on the side of caution & dive safe. as for the dirt use your own judgement if it's a tiny amout then I wouldn't worry about it because its a filter it's designed to trap anything thats not pressurised gas. however if it looks like a dog did it's business :D then get it changed, you don't want the filter to get clogged.

Thanks Stig. It was actually just a small drop of mildly dirty water. I was just a bit freaked cuz a friend of mine said that dry-sealed systems are a bit harder to maintain than regular systems. And said that you must keep the filter 100% clean at all times.

Back
Top Bottom