Your Favorite Shore Dives Please?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShallowDiverDave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Please specify the location and why you enjoy the dive. Thanks!

I had a long vacation there last year and spent the month DMing shore dives in Kauai
In the North - "Tunnels" - crystal clear water, new sea life every day and cool swim-throughs through volcanic tunnels.
In the South - "Koloa Landing" - Even more sea life, [Dragon Eels!], spectacular coral.

And all a laid-back easy drive from my plance [an virtually any place on the island!]

Ngemenis Island, Micronesia. New Drop-off? or Big Drop-off. I wanted to camp on that island but the rain was sort of heavy. Still plan to next time. Great island to freedive as the wall goes from one foot to like 600 or something into a sheer drop-off. Crystal clear water, pristine beach, reef sharks, Napoleon wrasse, very cool wall.

It is a routine lunch spot for Sam's tours....

Here at home, it would be shark's cove on a flat day, North Shore, Oahu. Lot's of volcanic formation with cavern ledge formations and an occasional rock mover.

Careful about entering tubes when heavy surge. Sometimes turtles...always fish, nudi's, etc.

Bonaire...

load up your trunk with tanks and choose a site....pack a lunch or take a SI and stop at a resort or restaurant for a break. 5 dives a day......that is the life!

It is the most peaceful and exciting thing I have ever done....that's why I keep going back and can't get enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom