Your Favorite Toronto Dive shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great store, great staff. Very friendly and great prices...

I Agree but it is a little far but worth the detour. However, Brian must do some renovations eventually !

I don't believe Brian is looking at renovating. He knows his operation is small, but that appears to be what he's looking for. His low overhead is what allows him to offer the pricing he does, and renovations would likely remove that competitive advantage. While the store and it's location are not the world's most attractive he does not appear to be suffering for it.

Brian is also associated with Durham Divers which is the most funnest (apologies to English majors) Dive Club I have ever gotten wet with.

He is also very supportive to new divers and extremely easy to deal with.

This poll is interesting but in my opinion not very definitive. It has less responses on it than we had in our last Ice Diver class.

May I respectfully suggest that if you've not visited Scuba 2000 at the DVP/404 and Highway 7 (scuba2000.com) then you've not seen the 'Future of Diving'. S2K has been featured in more than one diving publication and is the first and only of the new age of scuba centers with tropical training pool, classrooms (3), 5000 square foot Pro Shop, service, air, travel, 7 day service and so much more.
Yes, I'm very biased but it's all true. Stop in and then get back on this thread and tell me if I'm wrong!

BTW, you'll NEVER see or hear me talking negatively about another dive store. My job is to make S2K the best and that is NOT accomplished not even enhanced by knocking other people. Besides most are my friends and colleagues.

seahunter once bubbled...

BTW, you'll NEVER see or hear me talking negatively about another dive store. My job is to make S2K the best and that is NOT accomplished not even enhanced by knocking other people. Besides most are my friends and colleagues.

Dive and Dive Safely

Seahunter,

I respect you and your dive club, but I think its advertising at any occasion is a little bit too much. Especially in this thread. Let the others talk about it. I consider you post a spam.
Please take the critics constructively.

I've visited every dive store in the GTA. Very few divers can say that and almost no store owners. I love to go and chat with the owners (I know many of them personally and trained more than a few!) so they can see I'm just a harmless old scuba diver who wants to get along with everyone. The advantage that gives me is that I can honestly compare Scuba 2000 to all the others and there is no comparison. They all have features and ideas that are good (I often try the good ideas I see at S2K) but no other dive center even comes close to offering the facility and services available at Scuba 2000. This is not an advertisement - simply my opinion based on my experince (substantial) and my observations. Have you visited S2K? If not, please do so before you criticise my comments about it and other stores. If you have, please tell me what we're lacking at S2K (except modesty).

Constructive criticism I can take. In fact, I welcome it. Slander and misinformation I've no time for and I believe any owner and all the members of this forum should collectively refuse to accept it! This business is hard enough without some ignorant malcontents poisoning the minds of the new divers.

This origional post was intended I'm sure to find out what other divers felt about the dive shops in Toronto. The question was 'What dive shop is your favorite and why?' The replies have surely strayed from that intent and some are spouting about which dive store is the worst and why.
I answered the question honestly and forthrightly! Scuba 2000 and I gave you all the reasons which I won't repeat here for fear of being criticised for advertising. If you are sceptical the only recourse is to visit. Ask for me when you're in and I'll show you around plus show you a few things you have certainly not seen before. My pleasure.

seahunter once bubbled...

Constructive criticism I can take. In fact, I welcome it. Slander and misinformation I've no time for and I believe any owner and all the members of this forum should collectively refuse to accept it! This business is hard enough without some ignorant malcontents poisoning the minds of the new divers.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would call seahunter's posts spam. Spam is actually a term for unwanted emails.

I wouldn't say it was advertising either since he has not paid to post his posts in this form. You may consider it publicity, but I don't really think that is seahunter's intent either. I believe he was just trying to share information, as most of us on this board do. Consider that fellow poster "Jimmy B" always says he uses Northern Tech Diver and he proceeds to post the website in almost every post that he places on this board.

I too think we can do without all the slander and crap that seems to be carried out on this board by a few "Master Chief" type people.

I suggest to you, if your life really is that boring and you have nothing better to do, maybe consider donating your time and volunteer for a charity or something. You might as well doing something better than just sitting back and *****ing and complaining!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom