Two Minnesota Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JoeKScuba

Registered
Reaction score
I am asking for some advice that focuses on local dive shops. I have been certified for about 8 years but only have about twice as many logged dives. However, after doing about seven or eight of those dives on a recent trip I've come to re-realize how much I actually enjoy the sport. In light of that I want to invest in equipment that can be used in mainly cold water but also warm and will also be useful for wreck diving (possible future course). Based on my experience I have not tried many different setups so:

1) What dive shops in the Minneapolis area are good about renting out various types of equipment to try and are helpful and patient with new divers during the selection process?

The second question involves a few friends of mine who are interested in trying scuba before deciding to get certified (I need buddies right Wink ).

2) Are there discover scuba courses in Minnesota that do actual open-water discover scuba dives as opposed to just pool experience?

That was a little longer than planned but I like being clear on situations.

Thanks alot,

Joe

In the Minneapolis area you may want to check out the new Divers Direct Pro Shop located inside the Lakeville Gander Mtn. store - it's right off the interstate in Lakeville.
They have a great selection of gear that would be appropriate for both cold water and warm (tropical) diving. They also have gear rentals (all new stuff!).

You could also check with one of their instructors, Brad - who may be able to accommodate you and your friends with the open water experience you are talking about. His email is: brad.brothen@comcast.net.

You may have some luck looking on http://www.mnscuba.com as they have a good list of local dive shops. I have had good luck with Air Down There on the East side of town, and Going Under Dive Center in Maple Grove -- but the list will give you links and phone numbers to all the local shops so that you can locate the one that has what you need.

Good luck, and if you ever need a buddy for some tropical dives, just let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom