What's your favourite St. Lawrence Wreck?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It will be good SPARkY I can't wait to just lay around and do a load of easy diving.

See you on the blackbeard get together night

NINJA

sparky30 once bubbled...

Of course it does.. On Blackbeard's in 44 days :) Aaarrr...
OK.. I have to admit I prefer cold wrecks over pretty fish, but I am really looking forward to this trip :)

:tree: :pirate:

Sparkasaurus :fruit:

I'm shocked no one (so far as i noticed) said the Vicory, realy the jewel of the river. and not even a mention of the J.B King or the Oconto. Curious.

indeco once bubbled...
I'm shocked no one (so far as i noticed) said the Vicory, realy the jewel of the river. and not even a mention of the J.B King or the Oconto. Curious.

The answer could be that we have more Rec than Tech divers posting on this thread.

BTW, I understand that SOS will be placing a bouy on the J.B. King this year. As a side note, I had a great-cousin killed on the King when it blew up, I found out about this over the Christmas holidays.

indeco once bubbled...
The AE Vickery is very nice but she is getting kind of full of zebra muscles but I make sure I dive on her a couple of times a year anyways. The King is awesome in that the stuff is all over the place.

taz22 once bubbled...

The answer could be that we have more Rec than Tech divers posting on this thread.

BTW, I understand that SOS will be placing a bouy on the J.B. King this year. As a side note, I had a great-cousin killed on the King when it blew up, I found out about this over the Christmas holidays.
Why would they put a buoy on the wreck? There is a memorial block on the island and a line. If they put a buoy will it not be in the shipping channel?

Even though it might not make sense, I'm just telling you what I have heard.

:drown:

I will ask if they are putting one in on the King....I can think of a few wrecks that should get a buoy first.

I see every one starting to talk about the Mason. I was on it in late September, nothing but a pile of boards. If you want to see a great new wreck near cross over island as to be taken to
the wreck between cross over and chippewa point. Steel barge, twim brass props, three cargo holds, in 125' of water, south side of shipping channel, so far no name or history given to the site. Found late August by local drift divers.

Back
Top Bottom