C7070

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wolverine

Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, just bot my backup C7070 from a shop in HK and was informed that it is NOT discontinued. Go figure. A ploy to get sales up? In any case, it is still available to those who are looking for an Oly.

Hi all, my first reply on any forum, well a question really, I currently have a Nikonos SB105 ( for my Nikon V) will I be able to use/attatch this to a Oly C-7070 as I pick up a new one of these in two days? It would be good to untilise my sb105?

Hmmm.. i assume it uses the standard Nikonos 5pin cable. I think it is possible to trigger it using the 7070 hotshoe, but you would need the Ikelite housing. And no TTL. The Oly's PT-027 housing has not hotshoe.

Am I talking rubbish here???

The PT-027 does have a bulkhead , but only for Oly strobes . Matthias may have a replacement bulkhead for Nikonos strobes www.heinrichsweikamp.net .If you e-mail him he will respond fairly promptly .

Safe Diving

Andrew

AndyT:
The PT-027 does have a bulkhead , but only for Oly strobes . Matthias may have a replacement bulkhead for Nikonos strobes www.heinrichsweikamp.net .If you e-mail him he will respond fairly promptly .

Safe Diving

Andrew
The Olympus housings use a proprietary connector that only works with Olympus strobes in their Olympus strobe housings (read: very expensive and underpowered).

Matthias has a TTL converter for this PT-027 housing. Yes, it works well for digital strobes like the DX-90, but older strobes like the SB-105 will not do preflash, in my experience, so use them in slave mode, no preflash. Photos of the converter installed in the housing are in my gallery:
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=1424

Please forward any info on where the C-7070 is available. Thanks, Tsea

I can only find them on E-Bay lately - cheap at around $ 800 or so ...........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom