Venice Beach, Saturday, July 1 anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

millerkr

Registered
Reaction score
I missed the Birthday Bash as Venice Beach this weekend :-( Work calls you know. Really sorry I missed everyone!!
Anyway, I would like to plan a dive Saturday, July 1st if anyone is interested. This is my first dive in Florida and therefore my first dive at Venice Beach. Anyone care show show me the site and where to find that giant meg??
Can't wait to get in the water. I've been down here since Oct and this is my first dive! Crazy!
Let me know if you're interested. All are welcome!
-Kris

I'd love to, but I will diving 6 time zones to the west starting on Thursday:D

if the conditions are good, you will have a blast! to get there, follow the directions from the other post(b'day bash) and swim due west from the beach until you hit a depth between 17 and 21 feet and start huntin'...you will notice areas where the bottom transitions from "mud" to sandy bottom and becomes darker with noticeable trenches formed by the tides...this is the good stuff.....it will probably take you a while to get your eyes "tuned in", but once you get your first couple of teeth, you will know what to look for...there are others here that are much more experienced than me and will surely provide other tips to help you out....don't forget your flag and have a great time!

I can't make it on the 1st but was thinking about the 2nd or 3rd. Could you make either of those days?

I have to work on the 3rd but I might be available on the 2nd. Let me check on a few things and get back to you. Might have to bottle my beer one day earlier :D
Have you been diving at Venice Beach before? I've never even been to the beach there. I have directions though. When is the best to go? Early morning I would think.
Anyway, I'll get back to you about the 2nd.
-Kris

The 1st is full for me, but the jul 2-9 is open (I'm taking vacation that week).

I have been to Venice beach once. Actually Alhambra, which is just a few blocks from the public beach. The one time I went visibility was really bad, but I was still able to enjoy myself.
Let me know if you can make it, ReefGuy or anyone else are you in for the 2nd?

Ouch!! Stop twisting my arm. I'll go. I'll go. :D

I'm in for the 2nd at Venice. I'm in the area for a few weeks and I'm looking forward to a local area dive. I just got back from diving in Key Largo last night and what a great time. No family on the trip, I just went diving 4x a day what a blast! What time on the 2nd is everyone getting together?

Thanks,
Adam

Great, it looks like we've got a little something going for Sunday. Does 8:00 sound good? Do we want to meet at the Pipes at Alhambra?

I might be up for a dive keep thins posted when you all are going.
Thanks

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom