Diving in NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Ciao,
it' the first time that I post on this scuba forum. I'm an Italian divers, I come from Venice (Italy). I logged more than 450 dives, some of them are technical. I've been a Dive Control speclist SSI since 2000, and a trimix Diver TSA since 2002, insuranced with DAN.
Next month I'll be in Manhattan, and I' d like to dive somewhere. I'll carry my own scuba equipmente (exept BC, weigts and tank). I saw on the net that there are lots of diving sites near manhattan (long Island first, has lot of shore diving).
Colud anyone give me any information about diving centers I can turn to / rely on, shops, diving groups, etc... and their adresses. iId really like to dive in NY.
Tahnk you and clear waters.

Matteo Campi

Welcome Matteo!

I met this group at a dive trade show and people I know have dove with them. They are on Staten Island. The boat is the John Jack and do all the local wrecks. Check them out.

http://www.captainzero.com/home.html

Also, the Sea Turtle is further out on Long Island but another sought after boat. Capt Chuck is a great guy and his crew is great as well.

I hope you enjoy NYC and especially the diving.

Matteo, let us know when you are in town and perhaps some of us can take you out for a beer. I have a buddy who is an Italian working in NY and also a diver. Just in case you'd want to speak your native language with someone.

Back
Top Bottom