Need equipment in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aliltexgal

Registered
Reaction score
Will be traveling to Ft. Lauderdale then to Keys for vacation and want to dive, but lost all equiptment in divorce. Don't even have mask and fins. Live in the middle of Iowa right now, so no decent shops and all extremely expensive. Don't mind renting regulator and BC, but would like personal gear. Any good discount places to shop in southern Florida when we get into the area?

I always carry my gear with me because I know I'll have it and I know it will fit. I bought mine from www.crazyscuba.com. They are great at fitting you and really know their stuff. They'll fit you based on info you provide, or call them and talk w/them. Best customer service I've ever had...

My vacation in Ft. L last year was less than impressive, my dive buddy and I were actually very UNimpressed with the shops we dealt with. The dive experiences were very scarey, the crew was not good, no emergency info provided until I asked, then they never answered questions about emergency recall procedures, etc. Shame since we had to abort a dive. Maybe it was just that day...who knows. When we got our Nitrox tanks at the shop, I had to ask to test mine, they just told me to take them. Good thing I did, mine tested at 50%. That would've been a very bad dive.

Good luck and have a great trip! Choose your shop carefully.

double post sry

there are many dive shoops in the area just drive around your sure to find a place

aliltexgal:
Will be traveling to Ft. Lauderdale then to Keys for vacation and want to dive, but lost all equiptment in divorce. Don't even have mask and fins. Live in the middle of Iowa right now, so no decent shops and all extremely expensive. Don't mind renting regulator and BC, but would like personal gear. Any good discount places to shop in southern Florida when we get into the area?

You lost all your equipment in the divorce? What a role reversal there! I wish I had had his lawyer. The one good thing to come out of it is that you'll be able to buy new equipment like I did. There is a scuba mega store down around Key Largo near Jewfish Creek that has really good deals and a really good selection. I can't remember the name of it, but I'm sure someone will. You should stop in there on your way through.

When you arrive in Ft. Lauderdale stop by World Watersports/Divers Direct. It's just south of the airport right off I-95 and Griffin Road in Sportman's Park. They also have locations in West Palm Beach, Key Largo, Orlando, Florida City and Key West. Before you leave Iowa you can also check out their websites at either www.worldwatersports.com or www.diversdirect.com.

Frogman48:
When you arrive in Ft. Lauderdale stop by World Watersports/Divers Direct. It's just south of the airport right off I-95 and Griffin Road in Sportman's Park. They also have locations in West Palm Beach, Key Largo, Orlando, Florida City and Key West. Before you leave Iowa you can also check out their websites at either www.worldwatersports.com or www.diversdirect.com.

Yes, I agree. I think they also have a location in islamorada. Also, try http://www.lauderdalediver.com/ or http://www.sfdj.com/dive/btl-shop.html.

Back
Top Bottom