Okoboji: July 1-3 Buddy Wanted!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RallyFord

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'll be up in Okoboji July 1st through the 4th. My dad hasn't gotten his open water cert yet, so I'm in need of a dive buddy if anybody will be up there! I don't know where all the sites are, but I can lead the way to a couple of pipeline / inlet tower dives.

Chris

Give Dave and Pat Swanson of Blue Water Divers a call. They are right on West Okoboji in Arnold's Park. They often have people coming in who are looking for dive buddies - they may be able to put you in touch with someone to dive with.

Their number is (712) 332-6370

cool! Thanks for the info Frogman. I didn't realize they'd hook people up with buddies =)

They may even be doing some guided dives this weekend too. Last Sunday they were diving the Milford Tower. I saw there boat there and a couple of dive flags. I don't know if it was a diving class or not. Just ask them if they have any dives scheduled and if you can tag along. There may be a small fee involved

My dad got certified on Saturday, so I had a great buddy this weekend! We got in two dives off Pillsbury point on the two intake towers, and two dives on the 'Milford Tower' in Brown's Bay and it's smaller sister tower that the city is pumping water through. The lake traffic was amazingly calm in the areas we were diving, probably due to there being no bars where we were diving :wink: We were off the lake by noon as well, so the crazy drunks were probably still nursing hangovers at that point :coffee:

RF

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom