Aruba Diving Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockindiver

Registered
Reaction score
I'm heading down to Aruba next week and need some advice. Who are the best dive operators? Dive sites? Places to party/ dine? Non dive related things to do on the island?

I can dive with Clive (Dive Aruba) but due to his fixed schedule of dives I would miss the best sites (Antilla, Jane Sea). Would I be better off diving with Pelican or someone else and hopefully doing the preferred sites?

rockindiver:
I'm heading down to Aruba next week and need some advice. Who are the best dive operators? Dive sites? Places to party/ dine? Non dive related things to do on the island?
My wife and I went there on our honeymoon (Sept 5th-12th, 2005) and stayed at the Divi All-Inclusive and had a really good time. Our Dive operator was Unique Sports Aruba and I would suggest them. They were a great operator and you can sign up for a Visit Aruba card and get a 10% discount on your dives while you are there, every little bit helps. I have pictures of the dives my wife and I did here.

For the surface intervals I would suggest doing a quad tour (was the running favorite when we were there) and don't forget some some gambling cash if you are into that. I can't suggest any "clubs" because the Divi is all-inclusive so why pay for what you already paid for. We went to a restaurant outside of the resort once and it was worth it. The name of the place is Gauchos (sp), its an Argentine steakhouse. Make your reservations as soon as you get there because sometimes it can be hard to get in. Hope your trip goes well....

I've been to Aruba three times, and every time I dive with Clive (www.divearuba.com).

If you are staying in town, his boat is an easy walk from the Renaissance.

If you are elsewhere, he picks you up.

Clive of Dive Aruba is the way to go. Great operation. Safety conscious. Small boat. Personal attention. Length of your dive is governed by your own air and ndl limits.

What are you looking for? Both Pelican and Red Sail have well run big operations (a.k.a. cattle boats). I like Romeo with Native Divers http://www.nativedivers.com/ and have only heard good things about Clive and Dive Aruba. Both are small operations run by locals. I would suggest you try one of the big operators and one of the small operators and see which type you like.

Aruba has a lot of top side activities. From my don’t miss list:
1. 4-wheel ATVs in the national park.
2. Rent a 4-wheel drive and drive along the windward side
3. Have a meal at Charley’s Bar in San Nicolas
4. Snorkel at Baby Beach (wait, I guess that’s underwater)
5. Night dive on the Antilla (guess that’s underwater too, I have a one track mind)

Back
Top Bottom