Maui Shore Dive Guide - Maui Dreams? Maui Dive Shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Addict

Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, I remember threads from the past talking about there being a 'shore dive guide book' that one of the dive shops had on Maui - I just can't remember the shop.

Headed to Maui in 2 days :) and I am aware of shorediving.com.

Any help in clarifying my memory? I searched - but I am at work and can't spend too much time searching...

Thank you!

I think any dive shop on Maui will have the book. It's at home, and I can't think of the author, but it's called "The Diver's Guide to Maui", very useful book, definitely worth picking up.

If you're staying in the Kihei/Wailea area, I definitely recommend Maui Dreams Dive Company. They focus on shore diving, and know the spots well. They can tell you which sites would be the best to dive on a given day due to conditions and are very friendly and helpful. Lot's of the locals use them for tanks/weight rentals, which says something to me.

Have fun!

Any dive shop will have the Divers guide to Maui (unless they have sold out lol) provides a good overview of the shore diving sites (and Molokini too)

If you are on Maui Saturday, July 1st, you are invited to join the local Maui SB group for some diving at 8am (Ahihi Bay) - drop me a PM if you want more info too.

Aloha, Tim

The "Divers Guide to Maui" book is also available at most ABC and Whaler's stores (The Maui versions of 7-11 convenience stores).

There's also a free brochure/magazine at all of the many Maui Dive Shop locations.
Includes basic info and maps for all of the popular snorkel and shore dive locations.

FWIW - here's a good online one:

http://www.scubashack.com/map.php3

Some folks don't like ScubaShack (I've had no problems with them, except for one of their employees harassing the wildlife), but it's really a great interactive map. Just hover your mouse over the fish...

HTH,

David

I definitely root for Maui Dreams... of course, I'm biased... I sometimes guide for them when I'm on island... but they are the local experts on shore diving.

I would also recommend Maui Dreams, wholeheartedly.

FWIW, it is Maui Dive Shop you're thinking of with the "Maui Dive Guide." Interestingly, they've been changing their map lately and the "edition" I picked up in April no longer had La Perouse or Ahihi as dive sites -- so it's obvious they're changing it to be something they can use to market their shore dives (neither La Perouse nor Ahihi can be used "commercially" as dive sites, because they are in the marine preserve).

Overall, it's likely best to just stop in and chat with the folks at Maui Dreams -- not only will you get a feel for what there are for dive sites, you'll probably get a conditions report and some directions towards cool sights at the location.

Cheers,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom