Tec Training in O.C.?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tiburon72157

Reaction score
Anybody know of any tec classes being offered in O.C.?

Thanks...

Looking for something along the lines of DSAT Tec Deep, DSAT Tec Trimix, Search and Recovery, etc.

I second Jeff Bozanic. While there are people who don't agree with his style of diving (you can't please everybody anyway), there aren't many who have done as much as he has. Just google him, his resume is quite impressive. I wouldn't bother too much with DSAT but that's just me.

Is Marc Hall (based in San Diego) teaching through NAUI Tech now? His website lists Technical Diver, Deco Procedures, Helitrox, Trimix 1 and Trimix 2 courses.

IceDiverInCA:
I second Jeff Bozanic. While there are people who don't agree with his style of diving (you can't please everybody anyway), there aren't many who have done as much as he has. Just google him, his resume is quite impressive. I wouldn't bother too much with DSAT but that's just me.

What you mean like teaching open circuit divers in a CCR? If that makes you comfortable as a "tech student" then by all means contact Jeff and have fun. I would like to see my teacher diving/teaching the same rig and procedures that I am while I am learning.

Marc Hall teaches out of San Diego or I would contact Jim at Scuba Toys to see who he recommends.

Was never comfortable about Bozanic teaching/supervising open water dives from a CCR. That and doing deep air dives to 170' as a prereq. to Trimix Instruction. I bailed after his first Lecture and received a partial course tuition refund. . .

If your interested in DSAT training, contact Grant Graves in Malibu. Works at Malibu Divers. Very good instructor!

breals:
What you mean like teaching open circuit divers in a CCR? If that makes you comfortable as a "tech student" then by all means contact Jeff and have fun. I would like to see my teacher diving/teaching the same rig and procedures that I am while I am learning.

Marc Hall teaches out of San Diego or I would contact Jim at Scuba Toys to see who he recommends.

I'm one of those who don't agree with some of the stuff he does but many of us can only dream of some of the dives he's done. I'd also recommend Peter Den Haan among other names mentioned but the dude specifically asked for one in OC. Too bad Johnny Walker ain't teaching anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom