Anchorage dive hotel in dominicia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Make sure you do NOT stay at the Anchorage Hotel in Dominicia. Not only was the food bad and staff rude---They do not have their act together.
Do visit the Evergreen Hotel--great staff and nice rooms and Fort Young. For diving the convenience at Anchorage (pick up at the dock) is not worth the hassel the staff gives you. For small groups try Nature Island. Tony the dive master there is awesome! For bigger groups, use Dive Dominicia--they will pick you up at Castle Comfort.
Whatever you do --STAY AWAY FROM THE ANCHORAGE HOTEL AND DIVE CENTER!

Do visit the Green Flash restuarant, Trafaglar Falls, Ti Tou Gorge, etc. Lush beautiful nature, great diving, healthy reefs.

Hmm that's interesting cause i stayed there and i found it to be awesome..very friendly staff in the hotel and the dive staff was also great. we had tons of fun diving with them...they were so much fun that all the group of friends that we were..we all were jumping of the top of the catamaran and they didn't say anything...they were cheering us on etc. we also found that the food was good and no complaints about it. sorry, to hear about your experience with them.

1st and only post. Hmmmmm.

Ron, Not sure why you doubt another poster. Who cares if they have one post, 2000 posts, etc. Many people here are voyers and do not always post.
We actuallly met a couple that stayed at one of our favorite resorts iN bonaire and they hated it. We loved it. Everyone is different and entitled to their own opinion.

There was nothing wrong w/ what that poster said--they had positive things to say and negative.

Wouldn't it be boring if we were all the same and liked all the same stuff and thought the same. Why do people always judge and assume?

yodelli:
Ron, Not sure why you doubt another poster. Who cares if they have one post, 2000 posts, etc. Many people here are voyers and do not always post.
We actuallly met a couple that stayed at one of our favorite resorts iN bonaire and they hated it. We loved it. Everyone is different and entitled to their own opinion.

There was nothing wrong w/ what that poster said--they had positive things to say and negative.

Wouldn't it be boring if we were all the same and liked all the same stuff and thought the same. Why do people always judge and assume?

Fair enough. Everyone has their own opinion and not everyone likes to contribute to the board. However, it would be nice to have a little more detail and expand on "does not have their act together".

My comment meant that it appears they have an axe to grind with Anchorage. I guess I am used to seeing questions as people's 1st several posts.

Hopefully I am wrong and they are willing to share their experiences at the other places. It appears the writer has stayed at Evergreen, Fort Young, Castle Comfort, Nature Island, and Anchorage. Liked all of them except Anchorage. I'm sure we all would like read about their experiences good and bad.

I think aleast they gave positives as well. It wasn't all bad. I find it helpful to read what different people like and dislike.
Candy

Help - going there in July - still time to change if necessary.

Met a couple who stayed there last summer and were happy with the hotel and with the diving.

Can anyone give me any facts? Or I'll settle for subjective but recent experiences.

I wonder which staff were being referred to? It sounded almost that it was hotel rather than diving staff. We chose Anchorage as a compromise between diving and lounging round a pool. Any comments welcome.

Will report back myself at the end of July. But until then - any comments welcome. I'm not going to change my booking for no good reason - but I prefer to arrive with open mind and open eyes.

We're leaving for the Anchorage June 17th. Our group stayed there 5 years ago, but I wasn't on the trip. They had a good experience. One of the divemasters (a native Dominican)eventually came here to live here with a member of our group. Everyone who went on the last trip is returning this time. But, I too would like to hear more from other folks. Five years is a long time..there may be alot of changes.

I have been told that Dominica INVENTED Island time. so just sit back and relax...

I would like info from anyone that went to Dominica, planning on next Feb.17-24th, carnival time for them. How about the Fort Young Hotel and diving with them also.
Value for the money, lodging, food, diving never been there and any info would be appreciated.
Home email gdhartman@baldwin-telecom.net.
Any info on air travel would also be helpful!!
Debra aka hudsondivingdiva@yahoo.com

I did not stay at Ft. Young, but it looked very nice, and I think it is supposed to be a very good value. I went diving with Dive Dominica, which Ft. Young also uses. Everything about the diving was great, including the boats and equipment and the staff. If you have specific questions, PM me.

Basically, don't expect too much in the way of tourist infrastructure or beaches (there are like two sandy beaches, I think) and just enjoy the natural beauty of the place and the friendliness of the locals. You'll have a great time.

Back
Top Bottom