compact lobstering kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matva

Registered
Reaction score
is there such thing as a tickle stick that will collapse and fit in my bcd pocket and possible a net that does something similar. i carry a camera so i dont want to have to carry lobstering gear as well. if i do find a nice size lobster id like to be able to eat it.

haha u must be a pro, so what you carry the lobster around in your hand with you the whole dive? what happens if u see two lol.

nah, hands rarely work. the moment you move your hands move towards the lobster it is going to check you out and likely dart back in their hole so unless you can corner the lobster....
thats what happens to me anyway, dont know about you all.

I know some divers use tickler sticks successfully though I havn't seen one that breaks down. I suppose something like a collapsable tent post may work?

An old telescopic car antenae can double for a tickle stick and a fold up mesh bag.

Too much task loading can be bad. Carry a bag to put the bugs in & just catch them with your hands when you see them. You could clip a tickle stick off to a D ring with a bolt snap, the ones I've seen are skinny & only about 3 feet long.

scubabear:
An old telescopic car antenae can double for a tickle stick and a fold up mesh bag.

Good advice!!, I've also seen spearo's use nylon zip ties looped where the tail meets the carapiece.

matva:
....... i carry a camera so i dont want to have to carry lobstering gear as well.

Per FL law, don't forget your underwater measuring device!!

I made my gf's father a tickle stick out of 1/4'' thick aluminum. made it into 2 sections and used ss (tumble nut i think is the correct term) and threaded the aluminum. I can bend the tip slightly and use it as a tickle stick or use some ss leader and loop it and then use it as a snare.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom