$90 for a hooded 7mil jumpsuit too good to be true?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ob1Stogie

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I like their suits and have purchased several for myself and for a number of friends (5 of us went together for our first wetsuit purchases from them) you can also search the forum for Triple-L scuba as well, they recently changed the name to Scuba-L.

fwiw I tried a hooded full suit (3mil) and found I did not like front zip or hood integrated, I will only get back zip suits from now on. I could not get out of the front zip suit without help (a problem many front zip owners have discovered) also Scuba-L has seperate hoods for less than $10.

scuba-l also has a forum you can post questions directly to the manufacturer with.

btw - non hooded 7mil is only $80 :wink:

Aloha, Tim

Something sounds a little fishy to me as to the quality of the suit....but the company APPEARS to be reputable.

Scuba-l makes a very solid product line actually - heavy materials, solid stitching. No frills :wink: their BC's are also solid construction from the ones I've seen.

I have had problems with 2 orders placed with them in the past (of perhaps 8 orders total) each was resolved quickly.

Aloha, Tim

P.S. If you do place an order with them I'd suggest adding a http://www.scubal.com/content/index.php?proid=1047&catid=268&procatid=194 smb - very heavy construction at an unbeatable price. Another "addon" I like are the http://www.scubal.com/content/index.php?proid=1141&catid=268&procatid=194 double tank straps - cut the ends off and you have 2 nice replacement Camband straps/buckles. Does this sound like a commercial? :wink: What can I say - I've been happy with their gear.

kidspot:
I like their suits and have purchased several for myself and for a number of friends (5 of us went together for our first wetsuit purchases from them) you can also search the forum for Triple-L scuba as well, they recently changed the name to Scuba-L.

fwiw I tried a hooded full suit (3mil) and found I did not like front zip or hood integrated, I will only get back zip suits from now on. I could not get out of the front zip suit without help (a problem many front zip owners have discovered) also Scuba-L has seperate hoods for less than $10.

scuba-l also has a forum you can post questions directly to the manufacturer with.

btw - non hooded 7mil is only $80 :wink:

Aloha, Tim

Hey Tim, did you or your friends try the custom suits?

I considered it, but didn't want to pay the price for one... especially when I can find a stock suit that fits ok.

I do like the idea of the hybrid suit though...

Back
Top Bottom