• Scubapro R380

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Scubapro S550

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Scubapro S600

Votes: 49 26.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:doctor:

Well you can look at it this way. Apex used to sell in North America under the Zeagle name. Now since they are ownd by Aqualung and sold under the Seaquest name parts should not be a problem. I have never had problems getting parts for either generation of North American Apex's, Zeagle or SQ. Also since the world record diver to 1010 ft used Apex regs that may help you make your mind up.

I am another vote for the MK25/S600. I just bought one and it breathes like a dream (in the pool). My first trip with it is in two weeks and I am really looking forward to it. very light in my mouth. Almost like there is nothing there. What a difference from the rental stuff.

Go for the ATX 50. Skip the 100 and 200 as they are unnecessary. A waste of money; great regs but the ATX will perform just fine for you... I got suckered into the marketing and got an ATX200. I only wish someone would have steered me to the 50. Maybe they did and I didn't listed.

And before eveyone jumps all over me.... the 100 and 200 are fantastic regs but are overkill. The 50 is just fine and worth evey penny.

I use the T20 as my backup and it is awesome as well!!!!! Even here in chilly Vancouver

Noshow,
One of my dive buddies just picked up an ATX 50 and basically told me the same thing about the 100 and 200. Looks like a nice reg and more importantly, he said it performed really nice.

For the discussion here, I dive with Scubapro regs and like them alot. I do not have a lot of experience with other regs so take my comments for what they are worth. I will be purchasing several more in the near future (leaning towards the 600) probably because of the comfort factor I have with them.

Best Regards
Don Costanza

I would go with a Scubapro Mk25/G250HP or an ATX50. There both great regs. I'm still trying to decide which one to get myself.

Tekkie.

Scubapro or Apeks
:hmmm:

ATX50 with the DS4 first.

Can be had for approx. $270.00.

I have an Apeks ATX200.

is my favorite, but they have dicontinued it. I primarily like the first tage, second stage is the same as a TX50...
Short term, the TX series breathes really well, but if you only service your regs once a year, they will come out of adjustment every so slightly. In that case, I like my G250s better, but then, it is the same reg designed by the same guy, so who really cares.
I only use SP Mkwhatever on stages where I want the swivel, you could very well use a DST for that too, ATX or DS4 for the backgas.

Dane

I'll choose none of the above and say Poseidon Jetstream/Odin. I love it!

I hate to go against the poll but my oceanic delta 3 is pretty darn good as with my delta retired and my delta 2 back up.

None of them. I'm a Zeagle guy and they don't breath wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom