Into the lake tonight.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I ended up in the outlet from Hayden Lake tonight within sight of the boat ramp. But my dive gear was still in the car. :D

More later, I'm just home changing my uniform and drying out my weapons. My gun will be hidden for a while. It was 39df. :D :D

Gary D.

Been there,done that. It took me two dives to find mine.
Keep dry, and warm
Kurt

Gary D.:
It was 39df.

Gary D.
Gary,

Thanks for testing the water temperature for me, but there are easier ways. :D

Glad you're OK!! (BTW, I have some experience at pistol recovery - as you know - if you need some help. eyebrow )

Rick Inman:
Gary,

Thanks for testing the water temperature for me, but there are easier ways. :D

Glad you're OK!! (BTW, I have some experience at pistol recovery - as you know - if you need some help. eyebrow )
Nothing is lost!

It's the old, This is your weapon, this is your gun thing. :D Put it this way, it will be a while before I'll be standing. :D

Gary D.

Here is the spot.
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=10&Z=11&X=2586&Y=26442&W=1

The road that is going north and south makes a turn to the east. In that tree line on the north side of the road is a nasty nasty creek that only goes from the lake outlet to the turn in the road which is just a couple of hundred yards.

That area is one of the feeders for the Aquifer so all the water that leaves the lake only goes that far before it goes underground.

Zoom out once and you can see a dark spot in a light area just north of the road. That’s the Whirlpool.

Zoom out twice and you can see the boat ramp we have so many problems with right by the east arrow.

I happened to be in one of the yucky stagnate areas. Had this been a little closer to the lake I would have never gone in. It’s a wild whirlpool and if anyone goes into it we will go get their bones when the water settles and it dries up.

I was trying to get an injured dog. We thought he had been struck by a car but later I wound up doing a shooting investigation. Only by a streak of luck I found the shooter and the dogs owner.

Anyway I was standing on the edge of the creek which runs around 3 to 8’ deep getting aquatinted with the dog. The bank is around 80 degrees steep and covered in very heavy brush and small trees.

All of a sudden the entire area I was standing on let go and in we went. At least I know my portable radio works underwater as long as my remote mike is in the air.

It took two Deputies with rope to get us out and back up the bank. One to pull the rope and one to stand there laughing. There was almost a second shooting. :D

The dog should be ok but is going to lose his left front leg. He’s a 10-month old Husky Wolf mix and only weighs 40 pounds. What a nice little guy, he didn’t try and bite me after being shot around 18 hours earlier and then having me dump him into 39 degree water.

Not bad, over 29 years of pulling others out of the local drink and this is the first time I have gone in unintentionally.

Gary D.

Gary,

Glad you are ok. Poor puppy. Too bad the shooter didn't lose his leg.

Gary D.:
All of a sudden the entire area I was standing on let go and in we went. At least I know my portable radio works underwater as long as my remote mike is in the air.

It took two Deputies with rope to get us out and back up the bank. One to pull the rope and one to stand there laughing. There was almost a second shooting. :D

Gary D.

:lol: Sorry, Gary, but ya gotta admit that the image of you standing in the water with your mike sticking out is truly a funny one! :D

Rob

time in jail for shooting someones dog.... 1 year

fine for shooting a firearm in city limits 500 dollars

imagining the look on Gary's face as the bank gave way... Priceless!

Glad to hear your ok Gary

Bigjetdriver;
This is what my guys are doing so why should you be any different?
:monkeydan :fruit: :chicken: :59:

Ummm, Greg, aren't we diving together later in the month? :wink:

That's ok, I'm laughing at it as well. I should be back to a male tomorrow. :D

Gary D.

Back
Top Bottom