Undercurrent Review of Coz!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christi:
The report regarding "Lost at Sea" was actually posted as a reader report in UC, word for word as it was on this board.

For those interested in Roberta of Blue bubble's response to his claims, here it is...or you can read it here: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=130715&page=8
Thanks again! I'm all packed to be there tomorrow for lunch, but still interesting.

And I'm sure it there have been many more members PMing Domino with thanks than would post here - as the tension is tough. Most wouldn't want to take the assaults that the Coz fans dish out to people who just want to know, just like some other Dive Site Fans assault others for asking questions and obtaining other opinions. I love SB, but would leave it in a day if we had to accept one official view of anything.

Okay, due to member complaints, I removed this thread while I took a look at it. I return it now to the previously scheduled discussion.

There are, obviously, two sides to this discussion, and more than several ways of looking at each diving area.

What we try to encourage here is discussion without acrimony. Just because one person sees the glass half empty, and the other half full, is not a reason for a verbal fist-fight.

Truly, folks, the interplay of observations and opinions CAN be accomplished in a pleasant manner here. This, after all, is not the floor of the Senate!:11doh: :D

Rob Davie
Scuba Board Staff

Thanks Rob! :thumb:

Looks like I went to bed early enough to miss the big action.
sport-smiley-020.gif
Leaving for Coz in 10 minutes. :pilot:

Looking forward to dinner with a few SBers tonight at my all time favorite Mexican cafe (and we have some good ones in the small towns here), then on to explore the reformed reefs etc. I'm no authority on Coz, and I was lead across some sand flats some when I was there a year ago, but looking forward to filing my report when I can.

medium-smiley-089.gif

DandyDon:
Thanks Rob! :thumb:

Looks like I went to bed early enough to miss the big action. [/QUOTE]

How do you figure that? You responded to it.

Mawg:
" They felt it was not a big deal. Drifting in a 6 knot current in 3000 feet of water for 45 minutes is a big deal ! "

I agree. Add 3 to 4 foot swells and a raging storm and it is even less fun.

Why do you guys keep quoting the article in its entirety? I read it the first time.

As to its content: everyone that goes diving there has his/her own unique perspective, but DV's take on the condition of the reef is similar to what mine was when I was there in January. Some things are bashed, some aren't. It's still worth going, and I'll be there again in May.

As to the "lost at sea" stuff, just because someone posts a horror story doesn't mean really happened, and just because someone had a great experience with the same op doesn't mean it didn't happen. It just turns into a lot of "he said, she said", which (IMO) is not productive, informative, or even entertaining for anyone. If you weren't there, you'll never know, and jawing about it here isn't going to change that. <bad Spanish alert> Yo habla no mas.

ggunn:
Why quoting the article in its entirety? I re

As to its conthas his/her own unique perspective, buon of the reef is similar to what mine was when s there in January. Some thingorth going, and I'llagain in May.

As to the "lost acause someonn't mean really happened, and just beceone had a great ece with the sam"he said, she said", which (IMO) iormative, or even entertaining for anyone. If you weren't there, you'll never know, and jawining to change that. <bad Spanish alert> Yo habla no mas.

Gordon,

I think that maybe some people are just I. T. challenged and others may be in a hurry because they are at work. But as for me, I do it just to get a rise out of you. Hablo no mas tambien.

Mawg:
Gordon,

I think that maybe some people are just I. T. challenged and others may be in a hurry because they are at work. But as for me, I do it just to get a rise out of you. Hablo no mas tambien.

So, are you quoting me through some sort of reverse spell checker? ;^)

Mawg:
Spel Chekker?

How many jumps are you going for? Are you planning on tag and release or a nice wall mount. What are you going to do with your 2000th post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom