Quick tank question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deputy865

Reaction score
how long can i stay under with a 6cf tank? I know probably not very long but thought about buying a tank this size as a starter...What size tank would i need to stay.....Lets say 20 min underwater?

thanks

Shane

deputy865:
how long can i stay under with a 6cf tank? I know probably not very long but thought about buying a tank this size as a starter...What size tank would i need to stay.....Lets say 20 min underwater?

thanks

Shane

What's your SAC??

Get certified and questions like this will be answered. A tank is one of the last purchases you will need to make if ever.

Joe

PaulChristenson:
What's your SAC??

He won't know what that is. He's not certified yet and from the sounds of it hasn't even had a class.
Joe

yea i dont know what a SAC is...What is it? And no i have not taken a class..I have asked like 100 questions already on my first day here and alot of people told me to buy my tank last..Why is that? I was told to rent but i dont even know of one single shop near my area...

Shane

You really should be trained first before buying any piece of equipment. You don't buy a car before getting a license, right?

IceDiverInCA:
You really should be trained first before buying any piece of equipment. You don't buy a car before getting a license, right?
I'm not the one you want to answer as I owned a '71 Monte Carlo when I was 13... anyhow for the scubadiver to be... you make your tank your last purchase because
1.other people don't put rental tanks in their mouth.
2.other people don't pee in rental tanks
3.without getting into tech stuff you dont need a well fitted tank.
4.if a rental tank costs you $8 + two additional air fills @ $5 you spent $18 for a 3 tank dive. If you had your own tank you pay for 3 air fills = $15 saving you a wopping $3 atop of this you need to get a visual inspection once a year the will cost somehwere between $10 and $25, oh yeah and also every 4 years you need to send it out and have it hydro tested costing around $25-$60. So averaging $15 a year for visuals for 3 years (fourth one is free with hydro) plus $35 for they hydro, you're looking at an additional $80 ah yeah cant forget the tank itself, lets call it $125 for a simple aluminum 80. 125+80=205 205/3=68.? lets call it 69 days of diving in a 4 year span to break even. Oh yeah, and that is assuming that you never get a bad fill or run out of air ending up with water in the tank and needing to pay to have your tank tumbled.
5. ehh Im sure you get the point!

6. Go get certified so you can go diving!!!!(then you'll buy a tank anyhow)

deputy865:
yea i dont know what a SAC is...What is it? And no i have not taken a class..I have asked like 100 questions already on my first day here and alot of people told me to buy my tank last..Why is that? I was told to rent but i dont even know of one single shop near my area...

Shane

Get certified...

Lots of questions will be answered in your classes...:D

The tank question has already been answered...:D

Apart from the fact that it will enable you to hurt yourself, a 6 cu ft tank has no real use as anything but a backup... and even that is questionable. GET CERTIFIED. If you can't find a dive shop let us know where you are and we can help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom