Custom drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will make this simple for you....

Do it correct the first time. Buy a custom DUI TLS350 and be done with it. The craftmanship DUI has is second to none.

I tried to get cheap and regret it. I am now saving for a DUI and trying to flog my mistake.

DUI; simple, done.

I found a 7mm farmer john at unrealfind.com that comes in a Large/Tall size. I was about to pull that trigger until I realized the inseam may be too short.

Henderson does custom and semi-custom suits. You can buy a nearly-fitting suit off the rack and send it to Henderson, who can add or subtract inseam and one or two other measurements.

check out http://www.eliossub.com in italy.. custom built professional suits from $175 u.s. delivered to the door, even less cost for the econo line. Very helpful, and not too much of a language barrier. I guess when you own 3 of them that says something! Plus the wife owns one so I guess that makes 4. I wonder if she feels slighted? Elios should have a new website any day now....

My friend and I just got custom suits from Carolyn at Liquid Fit and they are absolutely fantastic. Carolyn spent almost an hour with the two of us helping to make sure we did the measuring correctly, I think there are more than 30 measurements!

I got my suit with the hyperstretch material with ankle zippers and it is so easy to put on. Carolyn really worked with us and made some great recommendations.

I have a DUI custom 7mil and like it. It has held up well for several years.
I've heard great things about Liquid Fit but have no first hand experience with them.
E. itajara

I was just pleasantly surprised. I am buying a new DS3 from Andy's. After my initial measureing I figured that was that, stay home and check the mail. Two weeks passes and I get a phone call from a friend of mine who is handling the suit deal for me, he asks me to come over. Andy's had sewen the outer ballistic nylon shell with out seals, valves, or boots, just an outer zipper. The idea was to try it on and see if there were any adjustments to be made, which there was one. My last custom suit I didn't have that liberty. I thought that was great, for the money I'm paying. If it fits as well as my OSS systems commercial I'm a happy camper. This got me wondering? Do other companys offer this? Has anyone been displeased with a suit, and how did you remedy this displeasure? Talk to Dr. Wreck/Tec.

I'm perfectly satisfied with my custom DUI TLS-350. I had my measurements taken twice, then reconfirmed before ordering. There was no further interaction with DUI between the time I placed the order and when I received it.

Upon delivery, my initial thought was that they'd made it for someone 7' tall, but it was fine when I put it on.

I'm one of those "tough customers"...I hunt, and search, and read-read-read, then talk to others, then search some more.

None of the LDS in my immediate area (So Cal, if you can believe that) had the DUI's to look at or try on - and it happens DUI had a demo days a few hours south of me in San Diego in September.

I went down there, met with the entire cast and crew, and dove three different suits - and realized that I sat firmly between sizes (thanks for the penguin-body genes, Mom & Dad...)

I hustled my way into DEMA and had the folks from DUI measure me. I'm GLAD I did - as I took in the measurements we did at home and it turns out we measured too tightly - as in pulled the tape too tightly around my hips, calfs, arms, etc. DUI did a "loose" measurement.... Again, I'm glad they did.

So I could rent suits during the 7 weeks they needed to build mine, I called their customer service and had them send the hood and undergarmentsa week or so later. Then a few weeks later I wanted to fit Scubaroo's Spring Straps onto my fins...so I called their customer service again and had them ship the rock boots (all shipped next day - no charge...)

The suit arrived the day they said it would. Got it home, tried everything on - it fit perfectly. They were the greatest to work with - returned eMails, took my calls (heck, I would have stopped taking my calls...) and delivered the goods. I couldn't be more pleased.

Although I didn't get a "preview" like your Andy's, I was fortunate enough to get DUI to measure me...I'm glad they did or I'd have to hit the treadmill for sure with the tight measurements I would have given them.

K

I ordered the custom Clx450 and was measured by the shop owner. Good thing i did too because the "armhole" measurement my friend did was 4 inches off. I was glad they measured me to check before i ordered the suit.

Im still waiting for my suit though, its delivery date is the last week of Jan. Almost 8 weeks for it. But i got everything i wanted on it done from DUI ( including the P valve ). It will be ready to go, no other mods needed.

DUI was very helpful, they answered all my questions and told me just what i wanted to know. I ordered the suit having not even dove a DUI before. Im used to a Viking, but i had to try the DUI.

Andy

Back
Top Bottom