Dinner Sunday in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi:
Yeh, I missed the dinner as well :( I had a VERY bad brunch that kept me from eating the rest of the day...

I'm glad to hear your assessment...even if you have only been here twice before. Glad you had a good trip and that you have positive things to say about the recovery here! Every little bithelps all of us, so thank you! :)

Lou & Nancy said you were there at the dinner, I believe?

Yup my trip was good. Just that one dive, Devil's Throat, was worth it all. It was all Lou said it was going to be, and more. I just had one bad dive on Santa Rosa Wall, I thought it was dangerous, when the DM changed from being my buddy on the boat [ we had discussed this in some detail and I was very clear ], to sending me after two other divers that had already descended. I was caught in current at the surface and ahead of them so scrambled to descend after them to 124 ft. Not where I wanted to be on my first dive in 3 1/2 months. Profile was 80 ft max in pre dive breifing. Should start a thread on this dive. Be interesting to hear what other divers would have done, could have done. If a Mod wants to delete the last part about that dive as a possible hyjack, that's fine.

pilot fish:
Lou & Nancy said you were there at the dinner, I believe?

Ummm...no, I wasn't there (at the dinner)...I'm absolutely certain of that.

Christi:
Ummm...no, I wasn't there (at the dinner)...I'm absolutely certain of that.

I must have misunderstood what he said? We'll have another dinner and make sure all of us attend. :)

I found Cozumel to be in very good order. It must have been a lot of clean up in a short space of time? Very industrious people.

I saw a large eagle ray, in of all places, Villa Blanca reef. Is it possible that some fish changed their normal grounds due to the storm?

pilot fish:
I must have misunderstood what he said? We'll have another dinner and make sure all of us attend. :)

I found Cozumel to be in very good order. It must have been a lot of clean up in a short space of time? Very industrious people.

I saw a large eagle ray, in of all places, Villa Blanca reef. Is it possible that some fish changed their normal grounds due to the storm?

Fish and marine animals do not discriminate dive sites...or dismiss them as "bad" like divers do.

If you're in the ocean, any marine life sighting is possible.

Sorry we missed . . . anyone who wasn't there! Let's see, around the table from bottom right -- Lou, Nancy, Marg, David, Coz Sally, John, Michelle, Rick, Lyn, Bill, Jeannie, Bruce.

Christi:
Fish and marine animals do not discriminate dive sites...or dismiss them as "bad" like divers do.

If you're in the ocean, any marine life sighting is possible.

Yeah, but eagle rays get bored easily and Villa Blanca is not too stimulating.

Yet to see an orca at las Palmas -ba rum pum. I need to get back in the water :(

I was suposed to be right there sitting next to Lou and Nancy.

Valwood1:
Sorry we missed . . . anyone who wasn't there! Let's see, around the table from bottom right -- Lou, Nancy, Marg, David, Coz Sally, John, Michelle, Rick, Lyn, Bill, Jeannie, Bruce.

We had an awesome time at Sonora Grill. Sally, thanks so much for leading the way and getting us a free round of drinks! Rick and I got home last night. I'm working on our pictures as we speak. I'll post a trip report soon along with pictures. We had a great time!

Michelle & Rick

d56nut:
We had an awesome time at Sonora Grill. Sally, thanks so much for leading the way and getting us a free round of drinks! Rick and I got home last night. I'm working on our pictures as we speak. I'll post a trip report soon along with pictures. We had a great time!

Michelle & Rick

Sonora is definitely on my short list of faves; we always eat there at least twice every time we go to Cozumel. Their grilled octopus is the best I've had anywhere, and I love the overlook onto the street. May isn't getting here fast enough for me!

Back
Top Bottom