high blood pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you take Beta-Blockers please do yourself a favor and talk to your physician, you're more than likely better off with some sort of diuretic, but remember to drink lots of water.

TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR!
Bill

As suggested I contacted DAN and the doctor says:
"The concern with beta-blockers is
that some individual's exercise ability is affected. Beta-blockers can
prevent the heart increasing in rate to meet demand. This is obviously
not your experience. With the hypertension controlled and no problems
with exercise diving should not be a problem."

Hope this helps anyone else out there with similar concerns, and my thanks to DAN for a two hour turnaround on an email question.

thanks for all the info...but i have a silly question. since i,m new to the site. who is dan and how do i contact them? i,ve asked my doctor and the pharmists. and they say your good to go, but would like to speak to someone who dives. thanks again

If your blood pressure is not too high (relative term) there are a few natural things you can do to get it back to where you want it to be. Check out CoQ10 (100 milligrams a day) adding lots of fiber in your diet (soluble and nonsoluble and a several other natural products that have legitimate clinical trials and are in your doctors PDR. There are natural ways to get your blood pressure under control. BTW cut out alcohol and smoking, drink lots of water and get exercise too.

Underwent knee surgery end of Dec., and I too developed a rise in the blood pressure - am on a mild dose however thanks for asking the question. Dr. said I should be fine to dive. Hells bells, if it isn't one thing, it's another - result of aging I guess. I was in our dive shop today where I found out about Diver Dan's board - guess he hangs out here too. Went to the wrong place for my trip insurance.

Back
Top Bottom