Ernestos? La Veranda? Lobster House?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn:
Which side of the road was it on? If it was across the road from the water, that's not Marley's, that's Rasta's. If it was on the same side of the road as the water, I am amazed. On Jan 13th when we drove by it, all that was there was one standing wall, a couple of posts, and the framework of the foundation.

Your right.... had my bars mixed up. Was still destroyed but they were working on cleaning it up while we were there that afternoon.
This was our first time to Cozumel and we had an awesome time. Can't wait to go back.

The Rasta place was cool. They gave us a marker and my (usually unromantic) husband put our initials with a heart around it with the date on it last year. I'm glad we got pictures!

Any word on Albino's (fka The Treehouse)? (I'm glad El Moro is open. Their chicken Yucatan itself is worth the trip down.)

Giggi:
Any word on Albino's (fka The Treehouse)? (I'm glad El Moro is open. Their chicken Yucatan itself is worth the trip down.)

nm, I found my answer in another thread.

Christi:
... I heard they were going to rebuild, then I heard they weren't, then I heard they were...

HMM..I wonder what whould cause a place called Marley's change their minds so much?...HMM
:silly:

sharky60:
HMM..I wonder what whould cause a place called Marley's change their minds so much?...HMM
:silly:

I am not oblivious to your reference, but what I was told was that Bob's Marley Bar (aka Paradise Cafe) and the property across the road (Rasta's) were owned by a married couple who divorced, and then things got even more complicated.

ggunn:
I am not oblivious to your reference, but what I was told was that Bob's Marley Bar (aka Paradise Cafe) and the property across the road (Rasta's) were owned by a married couple who divorced, and then things got even more complicated.

That is a real bumnmer that they are not going to rebuild it. That place has been an Icon and land mark as to where you are on the island. One of my personal favourites for chilling

Rooster1:
That is a real bumnmer that they are not going to rebuild it. That place has been an Icon and land mark as to where you are on the island. One of my personal favourites for chilling

Oh, I don't think that it won't be rebuilt or at least replaced. They hadn't rebuilt it yet when I was there in mid January, but I have no doubt that something will be there soon. It is too prime a location for there not to be a bar there. Don' worry, mon.

We were out there on Feb 5th and there were guys out there cleaning up. I will try to post a picture later when I get home from work. Not sure why they would be working out there on it if they weren't going to rebuild.

ggunn:
Oh, I don't think that it won't be rebuilt or at least replaced. ... It is too prime a location for there not to be a bar there. Don' worry, mon.

Another great opportunity for "Sharky's Bar & Grille"!!

Back
Top Bottom