DUI Demo Days at Beaver Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PD_Medic:
Is any one going to the DUI demo days at table rock toward the end of April?

I'll be there. Probably do a dive or two by the "stairsteps" on Sunday.

Terry

I'm going. Beaver Lake is NOT Table Rock Lake, though. Make sure you go to the right lake in the right state.

theskull

How does this work anyhow? I understand the purpose is to convince you to buy one of their drysuits, but beyond that what's involved in the program?

cummings66:
How does this work anyhow? I understand the purpose is to convince you to buy one of their drysuits, but beyond that what's involved in the program?

The purpose is to allow people to become exposed to diving dry, and to have a good and safe diving experience at that. Since you get to do so in the Cadillac of dry suits, DUI is banking on you eventually becoming a customer. No selling is done on-site and dealers are not allowed to try to recruit customers. Price lists are available and you can get referred to a local dealer if you ask to.

What is involved?
You get properly sized and fitted, assisted with dressing if you need it, a bit of coaching, and then off for a dive with a guide/instructor/divemaster. If already drysuit certified, you can pick out a suit and jump in with it. In addition to the suits, you have the opportunity to test-dive various fins, DUI BCs, Weight & Trim Systems, Dry Gloves, digital cameras, and other accessories.

When it's not too crowded you can spend the rest of the day diving the suit or trade it in for another model you'd like to try.

Some locations also have small seminars in suit repair, SAR diving, insulation strategies, and more.

A good time is had by all!

theskull
(disclaimer--I am a DUI owner, but have no personal interest in you trying or buying a suit! I already owned a dry suit when I attended my first DOG Days, but quickly became convinced that my next suit would be a DUI, and it took less than a year.)

Are the dates set yet for the Dry Suit Days or are they still waiting to lock them in?

For the info go here.
http://www.dui-online.com/dog_events_06.html

But note for Beaver Lake it has the following notice for it.

*Exposure Protection for Public Safety Divers program will be available at these locations.

I assume that means the general public can not dive their drysuits at this event, at least that's what their webpage says.

Back
Top Bottom