Wasaga Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigbluedodge:
so you would not even be allowed to recover your own sled if it went through even if your a cert diver????????

See what happens if you attempt to extract your own vehicle from a ditch on a Provincial roadway. You may be licensed to drive but not legally permitted perform this action for likely several reasons.

Firstly you're not trained and the potentail for injury to yourself and/or others is large. Not being trained you may not have the correct equipment to complete the task.

DOT will have no problem giving you a nice big fat fine. So... can you see some of the parallels in scuba? Training, equipment, and a commercial certification are required for any such undertaking.

Common sense is a total oxymoron.

bigbluedodge:
so you would not even be allowed to recover your own sled if it went through even if your a cert diver????????

Current regulations define it as commercial if there is compensation of any sort. So if you recover his sled and he buys you a beer afterwards, it was a commercial dive. You could however, recover your own sled. I am told, however, that the rules are being revised and they plan to include any recovery dive (?), compensation or not. I do hope they use a bit of common sense. Certainly recovering a vehicle is not to be taken on lightly. Even tying on a rope so a sled can be lifted raises the risk of entanglement in the rope, unless you are suitably trained. However, making any 'recovery' dive (not specifying what's being recovered) would make recovering that lost mask, weight belt, etc a commercial dive. Would likely also include my 'recovery' dives (performed with no compensation) of a friends prescription reading glasses from the bottom of the marina (twice :huh:)

I know of several ocassion where sleds have gone in and local divers have recovered them for a hefty fee. Mostly up in the Muskoka area. And if anyone from the MOL is reading this NO I DO NOT KNOW THEIR NAMES. :nope:

Under Michael:
See what happens if you attempt to extract your own vehicle from a ditch on a Provincial roadway. You may be licensed to drive but not legally permitted perform this action for likely several reasons.

Firstly you're not trained and the potentail for injury to yourself and/or others is large. Not being trained you may not have the correct equipment to complete the task.

DOT will have no problem giving you a nice big fat fine. So... can you see some of the parallels in scuba? Training, equipment, and a commercial certification are required for any such undertaking.

Common sense is a total oxymoron.

you want to hear oxymoron? i used work for a tire company doing road service for trucks and offroad equipment. i did a call on the 401 and it was approching rush hour and trafic was picking up. so i did what i always do i parked my truck in the right hand lane with my beacons(ambers revolving) four-ways onwith about a car length to the back of the trailer i was working on (left outside tire, my backside would be in the right lane!!!!!) with the service truck wheels turned toward the shoulder for protection, rather write off my new service truck then me. well one of those trucks with fold down barrier used to protect the road crews pulls up and the driver tells me to get my truck off the road, otherwise i was liable to get a ticket, i asked him if he would do his job and close the lane for the 7 minutes it would take me to mine and he told me no so i told him the truck would stay where it is.

why would he waste both our time arguing when all he had to do was do his job and make it a safe situation for an emergency service vehicle??????????????

i have refuse to do some calls untill either the opp or the mto safety truck had come out to block the rocket lane in the express.

as for the other comment, i have so many diffrent endorsments and certificates your example is completly meaning less to me so try again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom