Wasaga Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are some wrecks in southern Georgian Bay. There used to be some dive charter operators in Penatanguishing (I'm sure I spelled that wrong). That's not too far from Wasaga.

Tobermory is about 1 hour away and there is lots there.

Wasaga, the water is very shallow in most of that area. I have not heard of anything to dive on there.

BD

At Wasaga Beach, NO... I know that area very well. Folks had a cottage at Woodland beach long before I came around. :) The bottom is very flat and you have to go out a long ways just to get any depth.

Closest area to dive, would be Christian Island Ferry over by Cedar Point. Don't piss off the Ferry captain, he may just run you over. Or over at Collingwood, near the Creig Leigth shoals.

Dave

Not yet... hopefully they'll be ready by the end of next month.

Obviously you know me, who am I chating with?

Dave

might be some sleds down this winter since the river isn't icing very well, think i'll hang a sign in front of the cottage, "sled recovery" get some practice in on my search and recovery skill.

that was one my first questions to a few local divers, they said the same basic thing, couple of things down in penatang area but nothing worth suiting up for in wasaga

bigbluedodge:
might be some sleds down this winter since the river isn't icing very well, think i'll hang a sign in front of the cottage, "sled recovery" get some practice in on my search and recovery skill.

I don't know if you're kidding or not, but in case you're not. DON'T!!!! It's quite dangerous and you'll get hammered with major fines if the Ministry of Labour catches you. Recovering a sled (or other vehicle) is commercial diving, requires the appropriate training, license, equipment. I heard they were sniffing around Kingston not long ago trying to find who had recovered a sled.

Groundhog246:
I don't know if you're kidding or not, but in case you're not. DON'T!!!! It's quite dangerous and you'll get hammered with major fines if the Ministry of Labour catches you. Recovering a sled (or other vehicle) is commercial diving, requires the appropriate training, license, equipment. I heard they were sniffing around Kingston not long ago trying to find who had recovered a sled.

ways and means around it, lol, it's considered part of the provincial park so might have a way around the ministry of labour through the park system. but was kidding for the most part.

so you would not even be allowed to recover your own sled if it went through even if your a cert diver????????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom