divemaster internships

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubachik22

Reaction score
i was just wondering if anyone knew anything about divemaster internships. im currently a rescue diver and i would like to move up. i would also like to dive more often and i do not get to do it that often in indiana. if anyone has any info could you let me know thanks.

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Yeah, Indiana sucks for diving, IMO. That's where I originally learned to dive however I've moved on to more interesting seas :)

You know, you might just try emailing various dive shops. Good luck!

Send me a pm with your email and i will send you the full list of padi's req. The divemaster at a local shop can be a long class. Make sure the shop you take it with has lots off classes going on. I made the mistake of taking mine with a smaller shop it took forever becouse the didn't have classes to help with. Let me know if you have any questions.

Where do you live at in indiana?

scubachik22:
i was just wondering if anyone knew anything about divemaster internships. im currently a rescue diver and i would like to move up. i would also like to dive more often and i do not get to do it that often in indiana. if anyone has any info could you let me know thanks.

Your best bet is to talk to your LDS. They should be more than happy to help you get to the next level. If not, if possible, visit a couple of other shops. Its no different than when you went for your open water - you want to find a shop that you are comfortable with. This is important as you will be spending allot of time in the water assisting/observing the classes.

Also, be aware from the beginning the timeframe for completion. Its not a 3-4 week course and encompasses everything from accident management to gas laws and principles.

It was allot more involved than I originally thought, but im glad I took it.

thanks for all the help. i cant really afford to go diving at all the great places. i would like to become and insturctor but i need more experience first. i may be working at a resort in aruba for the summer im going to call a dive shop down there and see what i can do

I worked my way through all of my cert except open water, so it can be done. The key is in having the willingness. There's not alot of money involved with it, even after you finish the internship. However if you are willing to make sacrices in some areas you will certainly reap rewards in others. I left a career where I made about 10 times more money than I do now. I wouldn't go back for 20 times. I'm happy. Let me know if you run into trouble, maybe I can help.

Scubachick,

If you have the time to do an internship, I would suggest Utila. You would get in a lot of diving and it is all boat work except for the confined water work. Try Hans at Ecomarine or Steve at Deep Blue Divers.:wink:

Regards,

scubachik22:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom