"Offroad" Tank Cart

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

www.Cabelas.com use the product search function "carts". They have a heavy duty cart to carry game. Large tires and large weight capacity.

mikswi:

The biggest problem I have found is that the closer you get to a "Functioning" cart, the farther away you get from being able to maneuver it thru the sand. Im not sure about others on the board but, 85% of the best sites I dive require a little hike or requires us to cross beach/sand. This makes the carts presented so far, difficult to maneuver thru this terrain.

I realize that once again, the price is steep...........but in retrospect, so is most of our gear that we "justify".

I myself cant manage to buy one either but, all things being equal - I would. This seems to be the easiest way to transport gear/coolers over rough terrain.

O2BBubbleFree:
Their Surf Cart looks like it has nice sand tires, but you'd have to find a use for all the rod holders.

This is the perfect rig for Striper/blues fishing. Load it up though with 150lbs + of dive gear and it becomes difficult to move thru sand. The heavier the load, the more it digs into the sand because of the width of the tires.

The rod holders become cup holders with the attatchment shown. This will allow everyone to properly "hydrate" after a dive.:wink:

had the same problem, one day i was in a goodwill store and sitting there was a golf caddy cart for 5 dollars,works great folds up pretty compact,has wide tires so doesnt sink in the sand

Thanx everyone for the suggestions. Unfortuantly, I don't know if any of the ideas here will work. I maybe wasn't clear about what I meant by off-road. I'm talking narrow, steep hiking trails. Not enough room for anything motorized, or anything big.

I've started designing my own unit. I'll post the plans once it's done, and pix if it actually gets built.

Bryan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom