Not sure where to post this - which dive planner software do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish:
An that software gets all glitchy when run at the same time with Wife 2.0

Thats what that Can Play or Poly plugin is for.

I've been using vplanner regularly for dives up to 55m on air, using nitrox for deco
(for conservatism and also accelerated deco). Easy to use and reliable. also very good, quick support from Ross Hemmingway on all my queries.

What I have found is that its quite important to dive with a computer that matches the model on your deco software tables.

For example the Suunto Vytec has RGBM which really penalises you for deco time on the second deep dive of the day. If you're diving vplanner with Vytec as backup you then have the choice of bending your Vytec or hanging another 30 mins on the line to clear it.

Has anyone got any suggestions on deco software and computers that work well together for deep air dives?

Uwatec bottom timer. Vyper/Vtec in gauge mode. This is why at least one agency eschews the use of computers, especially outside of recreational depths. They just aren't set up well for this kind of thing. If you REALLY want to do techincal diving with a computer, get a VR2/VR3, Hydrospace Explorer, or something along that vein.

I'll refrain from adding anything about my opinion on "deep air".

ianr33:
Only problem for me is that it does not work on Macs unless you install Virtual PC

Might be time to upgrade to a PC...

(sorry, couldn't resist) :D

oops, never mind.

martini_effect:
whats so funny, reefraff?
If you think you know so much...share the knowledge
Sorry, I didn't mean to crunch your tootsies. I didn't notice your handle and assumed you were cracking wise. My mistake. Though I suspect you may have heard this before, here are a few axioms that seem relevant, offered in peace:

1) Deep + Air = Unsafe Diving Practice
2) Deep + Computer = Unsafe Diving Practice
3) Deep + Air + Computer = Darwin Award Nominee​

The best mistakes to learn from are the ones other people have made.

Back
Top Bottom