Bonaire-- 3mm wetsuit or 5mm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never wore more than trunks... at Bonaire.
Even in February... 28C (82F) :D

3mm should be more than enough, I would think.

Hmmm... "mi dushi Boneiru" good idea... way too long ago. :wink:

Melle

Argos:
I worked in Bonaire for 9 mths and only ever used a 3mm suit.
Who you gonna be diving with? Where are you staying? How long you going to be there for? If you get the chance take a dive boat to Klein Bonaire some nice easy diving there for newlings..........Whatever.......... have fun! :14: If you need any advice about the island let me know.

If you were talking to me- Buddy Dive/Buddy Dive/1 week.
The 175 hrs were on Bonaire alone,I have a lot of hours at other places. I have done several trips to Klien but really prefer to shore dive. Old Blue and Oil Slick are my favorite spots, 1000 steps would be if it weren't for the 1000 steps. :)

9 months on Bonaire......I may have to add you to my most hated list, right behind Tom in his speedo. :)

herman:
If you were talking to me- Buddy Dive/Buddy Dive/1 week.
The 175 hrs were on Bonaire alone,I have a lot of hours at other places. I have done several trips to Klien but really prefer to shore dive. Old Blue and Oil Slick are my favorite spots, 1000 steps would be if it weren't for the 1000 steps. :)

Oil Slick was our little group's favorite site as well. During the week last September we dove that site about 8 times. It's also a fantastic night dive, with relatively easy entry/exit thanks to the ladder.

I will be in Bonaire the last 2 weeks of February also. It looks like I will be logging my 100th dive while I am there. If the rumors I have heard about proper attire are true for the 100th dive I thank God I won't be in the Puget Sound at that time of year.

herman:
I may have to add you to my most hated list, right behind Tom in his speedo.

Eat your heart out Herman - Actually there are only 75 steps at 1000 steps. Taylor Maid ranks right up there too.

Here is a shot of Pink Beach and yes I wanna be back there too......

Tom Smedley:
Eat your heart out Herman - Actually there are only 75 steps at 1000 steps. Taylor Maid ranks right up there too.

Heh... but as well all, who have been there know, they feel like a 1,000 steps when you try to walk up them with all your gear after your dive. :wink:

Tom Smedley:

Here is a shot of Pink Beach and yes I wanna be back there too......

Just talking about Bonaire reminds me of the best time I had as an Instr and the terrible decision (worst mistake I ever made) of leaving to go to the Philippines............ No comparison!! I must admit it was the best dive shop on the island as far as conditions for staff were concerned, unfortunately, I have just learned that Bon Bini Divers has closed and it is questionable as to whether they will open again elsewhere on the island? Shame......

Argos:
Just talking about Bonaire reminds me of the best time I had as an Instr and the terrible decision (worst mistake I ever made) of leaving to go to the Philippines............ No comparison!! I must admit it was the best dive shop on the island as far as conditions for staff were concerned, unfortunately, I have just learned that Bon Bini Divers has closed and it is questionable as to whether they will open again elsewhere on the island? Shame......

I think that Susan was really tired of the business and when they sold the Lions Dive she used that as an excuse to pack up. Shaba and Ian are working for Buddy Resort and Francey married a local man. I met her downtown one day and she is happy being a domestic engineer. Walter and his tech business has moved to Capt Don's and Mary, his wife who did reservations, was last planning to work with Sand Dollar.

They did have a small and personable business. I went in December and they took me out on the boat by myself one Saturday morning.

I think from what I hear talking to folks is that she sold everything and has no plans to reopen.

Tom Smedley:
I think that Susan was really tired of the business and when they sold the Lions Dive she used that as an excuse to pack up. Shaba and Ian are working for Buddy Resort and Francey married a local man. I met her downtown one day and she is happy being a domestic engineer. Walter and his tech business has moved to Capt Don's and Mary, his wife who did reservations, was last planning to work with Sand Dollar.

They did have a small and personable business. I went in December and they took me out on the boat by myself one Saturday morning.

I think from what I hear talking to folks is that she sold everything and has no plans to reopen.

Tom, thanks for the info. I see also that buddy dive got took over. Bart is now one of the owners for Wanna-Dive and it looks good........So who knows perhaps I'll get back after all one day soon...........
I didn't know Susan owned Bon Bini I thought the owner was a German guy (Some prince or something) living in Fl.?
Anyway don't wanna get the Admins mad by going off subject on this thread....... I know what its like LOL :)

Deep Lake:
I will be in Bonaire the last 2 weeks of February also. It looks like I will be logging my 100th dive while I am there. If the rumors I have heard about proper attire are true for the 100th dive I thank God I won't be in the Puget Sound at that time of year.

We are traveling to Bonaire from Feb 18 - Mar 4. My wife should make it to #100. What are the rumors about proper attire that you have heard? If they have anything to do with a good dunking in a bath tub full of ice water..............

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom