How to lube uw housing 0-ring for my A620

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So . . . .Michael, when we going diving to test out that new camera of yours? :1poke:

I can show you the way I take out the o-ring on my Canon (basically squeezing both sides until there is a gap). I am always nervous about putting anything even remotely sharp against the o-ring for fear of damaging it and causing a leak. As long as you are real attentive when you prep your camera, you should be fine.

Speaking of damaged o-rings . . . . flooded my strobe Saturday. :sad_2: Luckily it was just the battery compartment and the strobe still works. After the fact, found a minicuscle "dent" (for lack of a better term) on the o-ring. Waiting on a new o-ring from Inon before I will take it underwater again. Unfortunately, that meant that I didn't have a strobe on my dive on the Princess Anne yesterday - thought of you while we were cruising around on this now very different wreck. Looks like someone stepped on it. You would have really enjoyed it.

Debi

midwestdvr:
Finally. Now post some pics. I loved your topside pics and am looking forward to your UW ones.

Well they were just in a pool midwest, haven't actually dove with it yet!
Hoping to this weekend.
Look in my gallery, I put some pics up there.

What do you do with the O ring when not diving for a few months, leave it in place on the camera or remove it from the camera.

Hey Debi -- Hope all is going well! Sorry to hear about your strobe, but thankful it was just the battery compartment.

I was thinking about diving this weekend, but with the cold front moving in I am thinking about waiting a week. I'll drop you a note when we go.

You HAVE to tell me about the Princess! Is she worth diving anymore? I sure miss her!!!! I cut a lot of teeth and milestones on that ship.

I will drop you or a note this week and we can chat!
Michael

Back
Top Bottom