Phuket All4Diving opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fudgeorama

Registered
Reaction score
I will be in Phuket in January and have been looking at using All4diving.com. They have market rates on AOW, NITROX, and 10 boats at there disposal. Has anyone used them? experiences? On another note, my Thai friend said I should be able to get AOW for between 100-150 USD, but my research shows the price to be around 200-250 USD in Phuket. I was thinking about having my wife, who is Thai, call around when we get there, but do you think I can find the $100 course?

fudgeorama:
I will be in Phuket in January and have been looking at using All4diving.com. They have market rates on AOW, NITROX, and 10 boats at there disposal. Has anyone used them? experiences? On another note, my Thai friend said I should be able to get AOW for between 100-150 USD, but my research shows the price to be around 200-250 USD in Phuket. I was thinking about having my wife, who is Thai, call around when we get there, but do you think I can find the $100 course?
Maybe. Doubtful though.
Perhaps beach diving. Not boat diving.

Consider that a good instructor will have something better to do with their time during high season than provide cheap instruction to you.

As far as the boats, I doubt those are their boats - there are lots of shops in Phuket who front end for other operations, which actually run the boats. Sometimes you can get a better deal that way.

You can get an AOW course for around 125 US$ on a liveaboard - that is in addition to the liveaboard price. The normal price for a course with 2 full day trips is around 250 U$. All 4 Diving is mainly an equipment shop. On the web site they sell day trips and more. They do not have a boat, but this makes no difference to the price you pay for day trips. If you contact them, they are friendly and helpful and can give you what you want, then book!

Have a god trip :)

Jamie

All4Diving is actually the retail front for Aquamasters. And they act as a booking agent for the various companies that run the boats. It's convenient to have a bunch of choices but the downside is that going directly, you "MAY" sometimes get a deal that is not offered by agents.
I would approach the scuba shops that don't run their own boat and see what they offer. I believe there are a few who monitor the board here including Phuket Scuba and SeaBees.

Second most of the ops here. All-4-Diving is a great shop...probably the best equipment shop besides Dive Supply (forget new shop name) in Phuket. They also book dive safaris and courses for many of the dive operators/boats in phuket. You could book a course through them or just approach shops directly...i would guess a direct booking would be 5-10% cheaper (no commission).

OW prices you quote can be found in Ko Tao but not the place to dive the time of year you will be in Thailand. Even there, the price is usually B8000-10,000 (includes basic accomodation during course, all course materials (for use...not keep), all cert dives, and testing). Cannot recall if it includes PADI OW application fee...it might.

Course prices in Phuket are about the same...to slightly more expensive.

Search this forum for ops on specific dive operators/shops.

Back
Top Bottom