Give me your opinion on these regs - Zeagle vs. Aqualung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow!

It's great to hear our Envoy Deluxe, 5th from the top of our regulator line, can hang with one of the big dogs from a major regulator company! Envoy Deluxe, MSRP $332.10

I think it might have been a better comparison with the Flathead XP. MSRP $499.50

Chad

Check out www.divesports.com and they will price match anything you find on the Inet. They are an authorized dealer for APEKS, Aqualung, Dive-Rite, etc...... you get the picture. Phil is also a great guy to speak with and will tell you good or bad in regards to any of his products. Tell em' Erik sent ya.

jaydub:
Ok I am tired of using rental gear and figured I should buy some gear of my own for my diving adventures. I would like your opinion on these two regs. I dive strictly warm water but that might all change soon and do not dive all too often, mainly when on vacation. Which one would you buy and why?

Aqualung legend supreme vs. Zeagle envoy deluxe

No experience with the Zeagle, but I have a Legend and I love it. Breaths very easy. I dive in mostly cold water and it is a GREAT cold water reg. Worth the price, and I didn't pay anything near some of prices I'm seeing in this thread.

I have Aqualung LX. I enjoy its performance. It has been top rated and best buy by Scuba Diver Mag. You dont need to spend the money on the Legend for the type diving you do. It is more tech rated and cold water. Buy the LX

Scuba Diving Mag has a great "muscle reg" article this month. Actually talks about Aqualung Legend and Zeagle Flathead. Check it Out!

I really like my Zeagle DS-V but I'm currently having trouble with Zeagle Service.
I shipped them my reg, FedEx priority, well over a month ago to have it adjusted and still don't have it back. I'm packing for my trip to Cozumel and will probably have to call my local dealer to see if he'll open his shop on the holiday so I can buy another reg before I catch my plane.
The Zeagle performs well, but you may want to get service from your LDS.
Rex

I don't work for Zeagle (Dealer Only) but I think servicing normally goes through the Dealer only.(for instance we service what we sell) Who advised you to send it directly to Zeagle?

Zeagle is the best (I got the 50D) - they r awesome - any position gives u the ease of breathing... Almost as light as my buddy's Atomic B1 titanium... Doesn't have the comfort swivel but it's got the DRY seal... (which u probaly don't really need).

RLarsen:
I really like my Zeagle DS-V but I'm currently having trouble with Zeagle Service.
I shipped them my reg, FedEx priority, well over a month ago to have it adjusted and still don't have it back. I'm packing for my trip to Cozumel and will probably have to call my local dealer to see if he'll open his shop on the holiday so I can buy another reg before I catch my plane.
The Zeagle performs well, but you may want to get service from your LDS.
Rex

Rex,

I'm very sorry if you are having a problem with a Zeagle product.
But something's been left out here. You inquired about your regulator since then I'm sure, but there's no mention of that here. There's no reason that Zeagle could not turn your regulator around in a few days. Unfortunately because of the holiday, it will be Monday before anyone can check on it.

Although we recommend our dealers for service first, Zeagle will service products for customers in out of the way places. Obviously some service, like sewing etc., is beyond dealer ability anyway.

Call or e-mail me or Scott Lakes and we'll check on it first thing. We'll need your RA#, the dates, shipper, and product information.

Chad
FL Zeagle Rep.

Chad Carney:
Rex,

I'm very sorry if you are having a problem with a Zeagle product.
But something's been left out here. You inquired about your regulator since then I'm sure, but there's no mention of that here. There's no reason that Zeagle could not turn your regulator around in a few days. Unfortunately because of the holiday, it will be Monday before anyone can check on it.

Although we recommend our dealers for service first, Zeagle will service products for customers in out of the way places. Obviously some service, like sewing etc., is beyond dealer ability anyway.

Call or e-mail me or Scott Lakes and we'll check on it first thing. We'll need your RA#, the dates, shipper, and product information.

Chad
FL Zeagle Rep.

I was out of town for the last week, and have been catching up on SB posts...

Rex - I show that your reg was returned on Wed, and was recieved on Friday at 9:09am. I don't know all the particulars of the problem - I just chased down a quick answer. In the future, please do not hesitate to contact Chad or myself if you are having troubles.

Thanks,

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom