Undercurrent members

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O'Malley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone have experience w/ Undercurrent subscription? Seems like an informative site, particularly the dive reports, but just looking for insight before subscribing....thanks!

I highly recommend it, particularly if you travel to dive.

If I still had a real job rather than being loosely involved in the dive, scientific and educational arenas, I'd resubscribe. I still use my old Chapbooks from prior years when I'm considering foreign dive travel.

I will not renew. Much more complete info right here.

The subscription itself (the newsletter you get) is very bare bones and not (in my opinion) worth the price... however... even if you throw all of those out in the trash, the annual Traveling Divers Chapbook is worth the price alone. Lots of terrific insight on dive operations all over the world... and the comments sent in by readers have been consistently accurate. While you can get alot of the same info all over the web... the book is nice to have and is a worthy read on its own merits

I have been a memeber of both Uncurrent On-line and subscriber. The online membership is worth it. Excellent info and unbiased. No advertising. Info on equipment, health and safety. Of course, great resource on dive destinations.I will not resubscribe to mail issues. I am keeping my online memebership.

Enjoy your trip to Curacao and the Marriott. I just got back from my second trip there. Why Sunset Divers instead of Caribbean Sea Sports right there at the Marriott?

I have been a subscriber for several years and enjoy reading the newsletters but the Chapbook is something that I can not only slowly digest but also send in my own comments about dives sites, operators and resorts that my wife and I have personally used.

We have found the information to be good and to the point. It's just another good source; as is this forum; in helping make a decision about a trip and to see what actually takes places and compare it to what is advertised.

It's nice to see a dive operator that we thought gave us great service receive outstanding reviews from others as well.

I have also used bad reviews to help steer new students away from particular operators or resorts.

O'Malley:
Anyone have experience w/ Undercurrent subscription? Seems like an informative site, particularly the dive reports, but just looking for insight before subscribing....thanks!

O'Malley:
I used to get the print version, but now only subscribe to the online version. It's got a lot of useful info, especially travel and dive operator info. It could be produced a little more professionally in my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom