Whats your favourite things to look for while diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GoJu:
I like to see Pacific spiny lumpsuckers, Stubby squid, grunt sculpins, ratfish, dogfish/mudshark, cloud sponges, Any thing new, And really erratic "landscapes"
I also like finding treasure.

Bit off topic a little... a buddy and myself were out on Van. island diving 2 years ago and we saw the spiny lumpsucker in a book we picked up and one dive decided to find one. so here we are with our noses to the bottom of kelp leaves, thinking I had found one I turn to look at my buddy and there is a sea lion with his nose about 3" from his ear with about 8 a few feet back. He was a good 700lbs. Scared the poop out of us!!!

Ling Cod :D

so I know go with my longfins & speargun :D

octopi ! They can be tricky little devils to find sometimes :05:

I am from the keys, (24) years. Being in the treasure hunting gig, all I keep my eyes out for are man maid artifacts, gold, silver, and all things that are 100 years old or older!....Capt. Tom

The octos are amazing...and the sculpins and warbonnets are pretty neat too.
Brooding anemones...sea pens...sponges...
lingcod, greenlings, rockfish...

I've somehow managed to miss wolf eels, seals and sea lions so far.

Race Rocks should fix that last one soon.

Saw a GIGANTIC GPO under the G.B. Church a while ago...must've been 20ft at least. Kind of scary if you imagine it getting aggressive - there's no getting out of that grip!
The little guys are fun to play with...

mpenner:
Saw a GIGANTIC GPO under the G.B. Church a while ago...must've been 20ft at least. Kind of scary if you imagine it getting aggressive - there's no getting out of that grip!
The little guys are fun to play with...

Could someone please let me know what is a GPO? G.B. Church?
Been missing seals too, I think that the only other thing that I want to see, that and a wolf eel.

Avic7:
Could someone please let me know what is a GPO?

Giant Pacific Octopus. :)

I like looking for shrimp. :D And I love watching the crabs scuttle across the bottom. I would love to come across a seal and an octopus though!

creamofwheat:
Giant Pacific Octopus. :)

I like looking for shrimp. :D And I love watching the crabs scuttle across the bottom. I would love to come across a seal and an octopus though!

We saw a seal zoom by during last nights night dive. Very cool! And there were these shrimps and their eyes were bright red when they were in the lights. No clue what they are called, but I'm going with Devilshrimp for now :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom