St. Vincent Information?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heck, Young Island is not nearly as expensive as some of the places down there! Actually, it's not all that bad unless you start going for the private plunge pool rooms in high season...almost budget. :) Anyway, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. My way is much more relaxing for me.

I sure wish there were a regular liveaboard that knew and got to the good stuff in the Grenadines. I doubt the Wind Dancer will go far enough. When they ran the Island Dancer out of Grenada I heard complaints it didn't.

HMMMM. Damselfish you have me curious about going to St Vincent. Glad to hear you dont have to leave St Vincent to do good diving.

I promise you one thing. If I go there I will dive more than two days. More like seven days at least twice a day while my non diving wife finds things for me see AFTER diving.

Damselfish:
Heck, Young Island is not nearly as expensive as some of the places down there! Actually, it's not all that bad unless you start going for the private plunge pool rooms in high season...almost budget. :) Anyway, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. My way is much more relaxing for me.
Damselfish, the plunge pools are worth every shekel!

yeah, I'm thinking of #10 for our 25th anniv. :) If we don't wind up in the Pacific someplace.

Who are you diving with in St. Vincent? I am traveling on easycruise, which stops in St. Vincent on Monday 11/28/05. I was planning on diving during my trip but haven't booked anything in St. Vincent yet. My ship stops in Bequia on Wed 11/30/05 and I made a reservation with Dive Bequia for 11:30 and 2:30 pm dives. Cost is $79 for both dives (without rental). I'm not traveling with any other divers, so I would be glad to join up with you and your group.

Gene

I have to echo Damsel's comments on Young Island and St. Vincent -- Young Island is a beautiful place to stay and there is great, convenient diving right there (we were there for a week last Dec.). Dive St. Vincent picks you up right at the Young Island dock each morning....takes care of your gear all week....deposits you right back at Young after diving.

I am not the most widely-traveled person in the world, but I found the diving there to be fantastic -- great small critter life and some beautiful reefs. You won't be disappointed.

If you really want to "get away" to some of the Grenadines, you could always opt for the Young Island "sail away" option....where you take one of the YI boats on a multi-day cruise....much more enjoyable than shlepping around on the ferry.

I also heard a rumor that they are re-starting American Eagle service from San Juan to SVG...not sure if that is true.

-Chris

http://www.scubadiving.com/photogra...n_st._vincent_-_a_scuba_diving_imaging_event/

Just noticed this "web log" from a recent trip by a group led by Stephen Frink (photog) to St. Vincent and Young Island. Although this piece certainly reads like a marketing brochure (doesn't everything on scubadiving.com...?)...I think you still get the same message that you've been hearing from the comments above -- great macro diving, healthy reefs, and easy logistics if staying on YI and diving with Bill Tewes and Dive St Vincent.

This article also mentions restoration of direct air service from San Juan to SVG!

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom