So The water.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Al Mialkovsky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Any locals care to tell me what the water temps have been from your latest dives? We'll be there next year about this time.

Noticeably cooler than a few weeks ago Al. I'm getting readings of 77 - 78 F and I definitely feel it. A big swell came in from the East and worked the islands for about a week or so. Since then, it's been cooler.....but still not bad. 3mm full suit and I'm fine, just not as toasty as the summer water was.

77-80 today but my Computer reads a couple of degrees warm I think.

Mine read 79-82 on my last couple of dives - but it's been 3 weeks :( Should be going tomorrow - first dry dive ... finally :D (took longer for the mail to arrive than planned) it'll be nice for our cold winter water - lol

77-78 is what it was for us May/June this year. Back to that then. OK thanks, I know what I need then :)

kidspot:
Mine read 79-82 on my last couple of dives - but it's been 3 weeks :( Should be going tomorrow - first dry dive ... finally :D (took longer for the mail to arrive than planned) it'll be nice for our cold winter water - lol

Tim, I just had to laugh when I read this....cold winter water??? Isn't perspective a wonderful thing?? :D I could only wish the water in Washington was as cold as Maui. :wink:

During this mornings dive the computer registered 43 degrees. I'm off to the shop to teach a class and I'll have to adjust to 87 degrees.

Perspective is wonderful isn't it :)

I got certified in 39F water in Maine... Since I've been here on OAHU for 6 years I'm thinking about selling my dry suit, havn't really had much use for it as you can guess

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom