Smallest Wing and BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
Just asking if there is any info or such as that on who makes the smallest wing and who makes the smallest or lightest BP. Why small and light--well for a mini dive rig for travel or easy carry. I see that DiveRite and Halycon make units in the 27/30 lb range but I wonder if there is anything in the 20 lb range (lift in lbs) or perhaps smaller? Any info or whatever is appreciated,thanks in advance. N

what you need is a diverite AL backplate, diverite abs STA, dive rite travel wing, that will be light and you could pack it down to nothing or a dive rite transpac II (check it out) and get a travel wing on that. you willl be happy!!!!

At DEMA several folks were looking for lightweight travel gear. If the airlines lower the max weight any further we'll be lucky to pack a mask and snorkel!

Thanks, those are interesting. The current BP designs are great for cold water but are overkill for warm water divers who generally need NO weight (me anyway) even in a thin wet suit. Even an aluminum plate adds to much weight for me which then requires me to put air in the BC and I want to avoid that--no air in the BC--no weight on me and neutral bouyancy. I really like that cut down BP. I am interested in airline carry but also as a very small unit that could be stored in my boat in a small duffle with a 40cf tank ready to go for a quick dive. Of course you would want it to accomadate a standard 80cf as well. Sure wish you could get this stuff in blue or yellow or something other than black.

I have seen that rapid diver site. Hmmmm, not sure what to think of that.

Thanks, keep it coming. N

There’s also the 18 lbs Halcyon “Batwing”—it’s been discontinued but one can still find them around.

Back
Top Bottom