Tusa Dive - GBR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tryagn

New
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Dive Tusa out of Cairns. My sister dove with them a few years ago and was impressed and I was wondering if anything has changed over the years.

They are a great outfit. I've used them quite a few times for charters to the GBR and beyond. But I've never done a day trip with them though, just liveaboards.

I dove with them on 3 separate one-day trips just this past September; my avatar photo was taken on one of their trips.

Like scubashooter said, they are a great outfit. For a "cattle boat" they provided excellent service. The boats are nice and spacious, and the food was good. Their dive leader-diver ratio was no more than about 1:6, but if you have your own dive buddy and hold a minimum basic O/W cert you are not obligated to use a dive leader (which they do charge extra for). They provide 65 cu. ft tanks but if you ask they will provide an 85 at no extra charge.

If you are staying in Cairns they will send a van to come pick you up and drop you off.

The only caveat is that they do cater to a lot of Japanese tourists, and you might get stuck on a boat where you and perhaps a couple of others are the only non-Japanese speakers. The Japanese crew do speak English but it's of varying quality, however if you are put on one of these boats your dive briefing will be done by someone proficient in English.

We dove with a number of boats from Cairns in August including Tusa. Was very good. Can also recommend Seaquest as a dayboat. Excellent aerial photos used in dive briefing of the reefs. Also very helpful and friendly staff. Not overcrowded despite time of year. Didn't dive with guide although on both operations it seemed no more than 1 to 6 ratios as both boats were carrying a number of snorkellers and try out divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom