Salvo/Dive Rite/Sartek

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eandiver

Contributor
Reaction score
For those of you who use them would you give me the advantages/disadvantages of the 4.5 amp 10 watt adjustable beam canister lights made by Salvo, Sartek and Dive Rite. They all seem to be similar in price and design. Looking for a good night, cavern, intro to cave light.

I think you may be stumbling across a fundamental truth about dive lights: the constraints of engineering and technology make all of them fundamentally similar. All three companies have good records for execution, thus availability, price and even fashion become important factors.

I own a Sartek 10 watt and have been very happy with it, though I have had problems with the exposed switch and had to have them install a collar around it. I have used a number of different DiveRite lights over the years and have been happy with them, though I have had occasional problems with them flooding. My experience with Salvo is more limited, I've played with a 21 watt but haven't been wet with it yet - though I like what I see. Barry Miller certainly has a world-class reputation for designing and manufacturing lights.

When researching a few replacement components for my Sartek 10 watt, I found www.solarc.net, a division of Welch Allyn. It appears that they provide the bulb, and the ballast for many of the big names in the HID community.

Adam

Back
Top Bottom