Hotel Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

docmartin:
dive paradise does have big cattle boats but when we used them a few years ago they also offered fast six-packs for "experienced divers" - that's more than 50 dives per their definition.

Wish I had known that because they are very convient when you stay at Hotel Cozumel. We had our boats from Dive Paradise show up late in the morning too, 9 am and a bit after and take us to a crummy 3rd dive at Paradise Garden or Villa Blanca.

pilot fish:
take us to a crummy 3rd dive at Paradise Garden or Villa Blanca.

I've probably got 200+ dives in Cozumel and not one of them was crummy. Paradise Reef is the only place in Coz I ever saw frogfish and batfish. Just to get a bit more of Villa Blanc, I've swam out and done it as a shore dive. Even the sand/grass flats are good dives if you know what to look for.

awap:
I've probably got 200+ dives in Cozumel and not one of them was crummy. Paradise Reef is the only place in Coz I ever saw frogfish and batfish. Just to get a bit more of Villa Blanc, I've swam out and done it as a shore dive. Even the sand/grass flats are good dives if you know what to look for.

Well, yeah, any dive is better than no dive, I suppose, but there are such gem sites on Coz that P Gardens and V Blanca pale is comparison.

I stayed at Hotel Cozumel last November. It was OK. GREAT pool for relaxing by. The room I had was on the side nearer the street and lobby and it was NOISY! I was awakened early every morning by honking horns and chatty tourists. I would recommend asking if you can get a room on the side behind the pool. The food wasn't great. OK for your snacks, but I'd highly recommend going to one of the many good restaurants for your meals. Other than that, the rooms were nice enough, staff was nice, etc. Noise and food were the only negatives for me.

I just stayed at Hotel Cozumel, last year Dec 26-Jan 2,2005. The food sucked, drinks where good but do you know anyone that goes to an all inclusive and comes back in a week loosing wt??? Dive Paradise was great for diving our dive master was Victor but we had the whole boat to our group and we had the same crew everyday.
Question Has anyone heard about the island storm damage yet? I am leaving to go for a week Jan 28 Good luck Diving Diva

Dhartman5:
I just stayed at Hotel Cozumel, last year Dec 26-Jan 2,2005. The food sucked, drinks where good but do you know anyone that goes to an all inclusive and comes back in a week loosing wt??? Dive Paradise was great for diving our dive master was Victor but we had the whole boat to our group and we had the same crew everyday.
Question Has anyone heard about the island storm damage yet? I am leaving to go for a week Jan 28 Good luck Diving Diva

The damage was quite severe. I wouldn't cancel for January though. It won't be quite the same by then, probably 6070% back IMO, but still worth the trip, and they'll be needing the tourist $$$ to get back on their feet.

Thanks for the info we are staying at a place called The Village TanKah, much smaller quaint place, balconies with hammocks, breakfast area,pool, I am really excited about staying here this time insteat of Hotel Cozumel, this place is futher norht close to Casa Del Mar also, I just hope it is still standing.

We had a trip booked Dec. 18 - 25 and found out on Fri through the booking agent that Hotel Cozumel and Dive Paradise were "inoperable" for at least 3 months, but the people are all OK.

I stayed at Hotel Cozumel this year and really liked it. We went AI and it wasn't too bad. The food was pretty good, but I think we could do better out on the town.
The hotel was extremely clean and the staff was very helpful.
I do plan on going back next year in the spring.

Is the Coz Palace open or when might it open. I had 3 rooms booked for Nov 25-28. Flights not going now anyway.

Back
Top Bottom