St. Croix Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dtdesola

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I will be diving in St. Croix in early November. Any advice/recommendations from people who have been there? My wife and I are new divers, so we're mostly interested in easy and pretty as opposed to technical.

Thanks!

-David

David

For future ref., use the search function and search in Caribbean for St. Croix. There are a number of posts that you can attain information from for your written or mental file.

Got back from STX just a week ago. We were there for 9 days and had a great time. Dove with S.C.U.B.A. - St. Croix Underwater Blue Adventures. Fine operation. Best Boat on the Island. We had to use Scuba Shacks boat one day and Dive Experiences boat another day since the boat was in for a bottom job. SCUBA does a nice job taking care of their customers. If you dive computer, they will allow you to do so. Three other shops I spoke to put a HARD bottom on your depth of 80 ft.

The diving in STX was good at best and OK most of the time. Don't know where you have been diving so I don't know what you are expecting. It's not a place I would go on a "Diving Vacation". Nice place to go on vacation and do some diving if you get my meaning. Boat rides are 20-40 minutes depending on where you go and the seas. Walls were decent but fish life is quite limited as compared to say Coz.

If your looking for more info PM me and I will be glad to see what I can do.

I agree with 5615mike. I dove with SCUBA last year in October. SCUBA is an excellent operation. The other comments he makes regarding STX diving is right on. I wish SCUBA was in other locations in the caribbean because I would use them again. The diving is easy and should be no problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom