I need 100 of you...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Done, I agree, since when is NAUI an "Other" agency? NAUI is the oldest and second largest agency in the world!

NAUI is not the oldest nor even the 2nd oldest agency in the world. It was the 2nd oldest nationwide agency in the US.

I won't participate in any survey that asks for agency and doesn't include my agency in the choices.

Hi everyone,
No offence intended on leaving NAUI out, but please note that I am based in the U.K, so to me, NAUI is an 'other' organisation. I don't think there's a NAUI training agency in the UK at all, just as it would be a bit silly for me to assume that there's a British Sub-Aqua Club in the States. So in hindsight, it's my own stupid fault for including BSAC when it would have made more sense to include NAUI and YMCA. My apologies, I hope nobody lost sleep over that one :wink:

I've achieved well in excess of my sample size of 100, and so i'm drawing the survey to a close. However, i'll include a footnote on all SB results stating my mistake.

Thanks for your time,
Andy

The buddy system is just plain smart, but there are times when it is not always practical (i.e. limited visibility diving). But even in that case it is just more fun to dive with a buddy, and you can keep track of him / her if you are good. Diving in the Cooper River is not really a place where a budy would be much help unless he /she do nothing but follow you around while you search for fossils.
Proper training / skills is a must. Always think about what you will do if something goes wrong and prepare for it.
IKE

Back
Top Bottom